GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Shower Queens UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shower Queens UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower Queens UE Diary

Card 1
    Original Owner: Barclaycard
    Taken Out: August 2003
    Amount Owed: 9,500
    Last Full Payment: September 2017

Card 2
    Taken Out: October 2002
    Amount Owed: 11.000

Comment

Card 3
      Taken Out: July 2004
      Amount Owed: 11,000

Comment

Hello

On your other thread (post #3) you said these three Barclaycards were opened between 2009 and 2011 so I thought I should check whether it was in fact earlier?

Also, did they all begin as Barclaycard or could any of them have been Egg, Goldfish, or Morgan Stanley Dean Whitter etc which were subsequently acquired by Barclaycard?

If you send Barclaycard a separate s77-79 CCA Request for each one (by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery in separate envelopes) you’ll know which may be unenforceable. If they are UE then you may find Barclaycard assign (sell) them to a debt purchaser who you may find easier to negotiate a Full & Final settlement with, if that’s what you and Hubby want to do.

Wait for the verdict before deciding your next step.

Di

Comment

Hello Di,

Thanks for the post.

I know this seems strange but I was absolutely convinced of those dates but then when looking on Experian they all came up as starting between 2002/2004 I believe I checked with someone on here that these dates could be trusted and was told if that’s what Experian said then it was right. I do however still find it hard to believe.

To be fair to everyone who is probably thinking ‘how could anyone possibly get anything so wrong’ I should also mention that in 2012/13 I did have a small operation (cranial) which I was warned could affect my memory but hadn’t thought it had until now. Oh and I’m getting on a bit now.

I can’t find paperwork about these cards of any kind which is a concern. My husband has gone bankrupt since my first posting and thousands of bits of paper went through solicitors or got thrown and I’m worried this included my Barclaycard paperwork! And as anyone whose a couple on here will appreciate once it’s done you try not to discuss it as it opens old wounds again.

I’m 95% sure these cards were only ever Barclaycard but as I said above still find the dates baffling. I’m 100% we never had cards called the last two but do recall having both Egg and Goldfish cards but 95% sure these were only ever in my husbands name, partly because I remember seeing reference to them when we were sorting stuff out recently.

Sorry for all of the confusion

Thanks
          Kate

Edit
          PS: I’m assuming it is in some way better if the cards were originally owned by others!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Shower_Queen View Post
            Hello Di,

I know this seems strange but I was absolutely convinced of those dates but then when looking on Experian they all came up as starting between 2002/2004

. . . . I can’t find paperwork about these cards of any kind which is a concern.

. . . . I’m 95% sure these cards were only ever Barclaycard but as I said above still find the dates baffling. I’m 100% we never had cards called the last two but do recall having both Egg and Goldfish cards but 95% sure these were only ever in my husbands name, partly because I remember seeing reference to them when we were sorting stuff out recently.

. . . PS: I’m assuming it is in some way better if the cards were originally owned by others!?!

You need the facts before you can make an informed decision.

Send the s 77-79 CCA Requests to each of the three Barclaycards and see what comes back.

Then in the New Year send a Subject Access Request to Barcaycard to get the full history of the three accounts.

Di

Comment

Working...
            X