GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Buzzyfuzz new member diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buzzyfuzz new member diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzyfuzz new member diary

Hi
    Been reviewing my outstanding debts over the last few months, researching a lot regarding unenforceability and already sent out CCA requests to my creditors. Hoping for some further guidance on where to go from now. Reading the diaries has been a huge help. I'm just going through all of my old paperwork trying to gather all the info to post details of each account. I've been on repayment plans since 2011.
    Thanks for all the advice posted here. It's been a great help already. Will update soon on account details that I'm trying to tackle.

Buzzyfuzz

Good morning, Welcome to AAD

looking forward to being of some help

NW
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzyfuzz View Post
      already sent out CCA requests to my creditors. Hoping for some further guidance on where to go from now.

. . . . . I've been on repayment plans since 2011.

Hello Bussyfuzz

If you been on repayment plans for the last seven years now seems a good time to review the situation.

Sending s 77-79 CCA Requests is a good start.

Have any of these accounts been assigned (sold) to debt purchasers?

Di

Comment

Account type: Barclaycard
        Opened: Feb 2010
        Balance: £550
        Repayment plan started: 2011
        LINK assigned: 27/02/15
        Default date: June 2015
        Currently up to date with monthly payments to LINK: £3

I sent formal CCA request in July, have received no response from LINK.
        Currently have a complaint being investigated by Barclays regarding the default date on this account as default was added 4 months after LINK assigned to account. This was 4 years after I'd originally entered into reduced repayments with Barclaycard and interest/ fees frozen. Requesting that Barclays backdate the default so this will drop off my credit file.
        Currently maintaining £3 monthly payments to LINK although they have failed to respond to CCA request so wondering if I should send follow up letter advising account is in dispute and I will cease payments.

Comment

Account type: Mint credit card
          Opened: 21/02/2004
          Balance: £4530
          Reduced repayment plan since 2011
          Cabot assigned: July 2017, managed by Westcot
          Default date: uncertain, has dropped off credit file so 2011
          Current repayment plan: £1 monthly

Formal CCA request made July.
          11/09/2018 Cabot letter stating they have been unable to get info requested from original lender. If the CCA ever becomes available they will provide it but until then the account is unenforceable so cannot take legal action but will continue to contact me to request payment.
          9/10/2018 Westcot letter stating Cabot have informed them that they are unable to comply with CCA request, in light of this info how do I want to proceed with account. Westcot also stated Cabot would accept full and final settlement of £3850.70 lump sum.
          No chance of me paying this on account with no CCA and I don't have any disposable income / savings to pay this amount. I'm currently maintaining £1 monthly payments to account.
          Last edited by Buzzyfuzz; 25 October 2018, 12:40. Reason: Forgot to include balance

Comment

Account type: HSBC overdraft and personal loan
            Opened: 26/08/1993
            Balance: £7362
            Repayment plan started : 2011
            Marlin/Cabot assigned: 2014
            Deafult date: uncertain, has dropped off credit report so 2011
            Current repayments: £5 monthly

This account is overdraft and personal loan with HSBC rolled into one. Marlin have listed the agreement date as 1993 although I believe this is when the bank account was opened. Personal loan would have been taken out 2002.
            CCA request made in July.
            25/7/18 Cabot letter acknowledging receipt of request, contacting original lender and will update me in 12 days. Almost 3 months later I have heard nothing more. Still maintaining monthly payments but should I send follow up letter stating they haven't complied with request so I will be ceasing payment?

Comment

I did go through a financial review with Stepchange. They recommended a Debt relief order as I have no disposable income, no assets. I live with my partner, who owns the house so Stepchange said my application would still be approved. All of my debts have dropped off my credit file now apart from the LINK Barclaycard account due to late default date which I am challenging. I'm reluctant to apply for DRO knowing this will stay on my credit report for another 6 years, especially as none of my creditors/ DCAs have complied with CCA requests so far.
              Grateful for any guidance on what to do next.

Comment

If none have replied , lets wait a little longe and see what turns up
                NW
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Hello Bussyfuzz

If you been on repayment plans for the last seven years now seems a good time to review the situation.

Di
                  Thanks Di
                  Yes all accounts assigned. I've added all details in separate posts now. Barclaycard debt assigned to LINK with no response to CCA request. MINT credit card assigned to Cabot but managed by Westcot, confirmed unenforceable. HSBC loan also assigned to Cabot/Marlin, currently unable to comply with CCA request
                  Not sure whether to just cancel payments now?

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Hello Bussyfuzz

Di
                    Thanks Di
                    Yes all accounts assigned. I've added all details in separate posts now. Barclaycard debt assigned to LINK with no response to CCA request. MINT credit card assigned to Cabot but managed by Westcot, confirmed unenforceable. HSBC loan also assigned to Cabot/Marlin, currently unable to comply with CCA request

Comment

wescot are only commison agents so the owner is not them, as for chasing CCA request Noooooooooooo, they might get hopeful and escalate searches , HSBC ( Midland was it 1993)? and credit agreements another story no doubt>

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzyfuzz View Post

Thanks Di
                        Link seem to be very reluctant to confirm or deny CCA requests. You can see this in Diaries.

As you continue to pay there is NO incentive for any of them to contact you is there? Also the Statute Bar Date is being reset each time you PAY.
                        The CCA S.77/78 Consumer Law is UE after 12 days until the CCA is complied with!
                        Wake them UP cancel the payments, no need to give reasons.
                        This is taking control of your debts rather than following their dictates!

Save the money so that you have contingency going forward.
                        Last edited by Roger; 28 October 2018, 11:48.

Comment

How and welcome home xxxx
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Ok felt brave this afternoon, cancelled payments to CABOT for my Mint and HSBC accounts. Will grit my teeth and await the torrent of mail through my letterbox and block any incoming calls from unrecognised numbers.

Comment

well done, the fun starts here,

Comment

Working...
                              X