GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Very Old DMP - 2005 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Old DMP - 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Old DMP - 2005

Hi

i have a DMP with Payplan which started in 2005. I’ve been paying £60pm since 2011 when my circumstances changed. It’s such a nominal amount really that I didn’t pay much attention to it.

This year Payplan contacted me wanting bank statements and payslips for the review. I sent them nothing but this triggered me to log in and have a look at everything. Well.... I had been paying £300pm from 2005-2011 when I got divorced. Psyents were chunking down the debts albeit slowly, but after spending a whole afternoon looking at what I owed I realised that after my circumstances changed for nearly 12 months they hadn’t proportionally redirected the lower payment.

All my debts were started from prior 2000 and the latest estimate started 2004. Most defaults registered 2006 and then dropped off credit file in 2012.

Given these contracts are pre 2007 are the bulk likely to be UE with them being nearly 14 years old or even theses ones still enforceable. My DMP won’t be cleared until I’m well into my 80’s and I also wondered the position of debt claims on my estate with UE agreements.

Can am I investigate the UE but just carry on with my £60pm? As it keeps them quiet or in perusing UE do I have to stop paying my DMP for them to confirm UE as prescribed by the FCA. Tthey all stay quiet as they are ( I wonder if this is due to the ages of them)

Does anyone know the position of a UE debt on an estate in the event of death? I’d like my executors to have a file of paperwork to show this even if I continue with my £60pm keep creditors quiet. They’ve all happily had this very small payment since 2011.

thanks in advance

Well your starting year was 2005
    So that means that your original Debts are at least 13 years old Plus whatever.
    You are reluctant to provide Income & Expenditure figures to PayPlan (don't blame you)
    You are concerned about possible Probate Issues and excutor's. etc.

Well the AAD Diary approach is the way to provide a logical and clarity of detail against the individual debts as well as determaining whether these may or may not be EN.
    The Diaries would enable executors to approach each debt without having to wade through volumes of correspondence.

Have a read here
    https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...-read-me-first

For each debt

provide the following information for each account:
    • Type of account (credit card/loan)
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
    • Approx balance
    • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
    • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

AAD approach enables Us to make Objective decisions about Our individual debts.
    Our starting point is normally the CCA s.77/78 request (plus £1) which is a legal right to request the copies of the Agreement between Ourselves and Debtors. After having formally requested this the debt becomes unenforcible until such times as the Agreement is provided.

There are also by the way many other reasons why Debts can be or are UE. So setting out a Diary will enble you to assist future Executors as well as help you make informed decisions.

Welcome to AAD

Comment

Send the CCA request Recorded delivery to an actual adddress (try not P.O. Box Number - if not got an actual address let us know on here) and keep copy of despatch and signature receipt attached to copy of the request.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Overworked123 View Post
        Hi

i have a DMP with Payplan which started in 2005. I’ve been paying £60pm since 2011 when my circumstances changed. It’s such a nominal amount really that I didn’t pay much attention to it.

This year Payplan contacted me wanting bank statements and payslips for the review. I sent them nothing but this triggered me to log in and have a look at everything. Well.... I had been paying £300pm from 2005-2011 when I got divorced. Psyents were chunking down the debts albeit slowly, but after spending a whole afternoon looking at what I owed I realised that after my circumstances changed for nearly 12 months they hadn’t proportionally redirected the lower payment.

All my debts were started from prior 2000 and the latest estimate started 2004. Most defaults registered 2006 and then dropped off credit file in 2012.

Given these contracts are pre 2007 are the bulk likely to be UE with them being nearly 14 years old or even theses ones still enforceable. My DMP won’t be cleared until I’m well into my 80’s and I also wondered the position of debt claims on my estate with UE agreements.

Can am I investigate the UE but just carry on with my £60pm? As it keeps them quiet or in perusing UE do I have to stop paying my DMP for them to confirm UE as prescribed by the FCA. Tthey all stay quiet as they are ( I wonder if this is due to the ages of them)

Does anyone know the position of a UE debt on an estate in the event of death? I’d like my executors to have a file of paperwork to show this even if I continue with my £60pm keep creditors quiet. They’ve all happily had this very small payment since 2011.

thanks in advance
        You could carry on with the £60 payment for now, but if you don't receive a CCA or it is Unenforceable for any reason, Payplan will expect you to carry on paying all of them, so you would, at that time, have to go self managed, if you wish to stop payment to any of them.
        that's not a problem with the help of the many who will offer advice as it is needed
        NW
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X