GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rowan's Diary. The last push to be debt-free - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rowan's Diary. The last push to be debt-free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowan's Diary. The last push to be debt-free

Hello, everyone. Congratulations and thanks for providing such an invaluable resource to those, like me, struggling our way out of debt.

I've been reading as much as I can about unenforceability and am hoping to benefit from your wealth of knowledge in an attempt to see off my debts once and for all.

I hope I've posted this in the right place by starting an Unenforceability Diary at this stage. I probably have the format all wrong by listing all my debts in one post but until there are further developments on the UE front it seemed simplest for now. My situation is that after being on a DMP since 2013, first with a debt management charity for a few years and then self-managing I now have 4 outstanding debts. I'm ashamed to admit that my starting debt balance was over £55,000, all on credit cards. I'm now down to owing 'only' £16,000. I was very late to discover the CCA procedure and unenforceability of debts so I may soon be kicking myself for already having paid so much off my debts if it turns out I needn't have.

I've requested/received CCA information for these 4 debts and they are supposedly all enforceable. As they are all pre 2002 I was hoping the paperwork wouldn't be compliant. Although the creditors said it is I have my doubts. Cynical? Moi?. That's why I'll be sending scans of it as soon as I can to Niddy for his expert opinion. I have one debt that I've been told is unenforceable so I'll leave that out of the equation for now.

If the debts do prove to be enforceable I've managed to save enough through self-managing and paying token payments for about a year to make low Full and Final Settlement offers to my creditors. I'm hoping they'll be as happy to see the back of me as I will to be free of them!

My 4 debts are as follows:
    1. TESCO (Credit Card)
    • Date commenced: 10 / 2001
    • Approx balance: £2400
    • Date last paid in full: 02/2013
    • Paying on a self-managed DMP @ £1 a month since 08/2017
    • Account owner: Debt bought by HOIST in 07/2016 but all communication is from ROBINSON WAY who are managing the debt
    1. MINT /RBS (Credit Card)
    • Date commenced: 01 / 1999
    • Approx balance: £2350
    • Paying on self-managed DMP @ £1 a month since 08/2017
    • Account owner: Debt bought by CABOT in 07/2017 but all communication is from WESCOT who are managing the debt
    1. MBNA (Cats Protection Affinity Card) (Credit Card)
    • Date commenced: 03 / 2001
    • Approx balance: £4545
    • Account owner: LINK FINANCIAL from 07/2014
    1. LLOYDS (Credit Card)
    (This one is a bit more more complicated.! Will update when I sort out dates etc.)
    Last edited by Rowan; 29 September 2018, 06:29.

send the CCA copies in tact (not redacted to ) webmaster@all-abou-debt.co.uk for checking to see enforceable or not , quoting this thread, well done for starting Diary, seems you are paying the commission hunters like Wetcloths oopps Wescott etc
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Welcome to AAD, hopefully you will find support and knowledge from us all. When you send the alleged agreements to Niddy, do not blank out any details (this is totally secure) and link back to this thread. When you have a spare few minutes can you do a seperate post ( not thread) for each account as this will make it easier to update and for others to follow the history. Carry on reading as knowledge helps you to understand the best way forward. These will all drop off your credit records after 6 years but whist you are making any sort of payment the accounts will remain active and you will carry on battling.
      When I started my battles ( pre AAD) I fought to clear several debts - I have subsequently found that a lot of them were unenforceable, so knowledge is definitely power! Good luck
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Heloooo

{quote;-I'm ashamed to admit that my starting debt balance was over £55,000, all on credit cards. }
        worry not ours were well over £100k when we first started out, struggled through the first couple of years and then found AAD, what a find!!
        Most will be Statute barred this year,

Looking at your post above some of the CCA's you have received may not be as water tight as the DCA's say( my personal opinion) so get Niddy to see what he thinks,
        I was told mine were enforceableby the DCA's, but the CCA's sent are for information, some don't have the correct T&C's, My tesco card reply to my CCA was a copy of the application, but no T&C's from the date taken out,

As Cym says if you could make a seperate post on this thread for each of the debts, then update each post when you receive anything , then If you quote that post when you need to ask a question, we have all the info in front of us to reply to you quickly.
        Have a read of the diarys to get an idea of how it works

Hope you enjoy your journey with us

NWx
        Last edited by nightwatch; 29 September 2018, 09:22. Reason: all thumbs no fingers

Comment

Thanks very much for the friendly welcome.

I've done as nightwatch and cymruambyth have suggested and started separate posts for each of the 4 debts. Thanks for the advice. I'm still finding my way around and getting to grips with the forum. the last thing I want to do is confuse anyone (or myself) by doing things wrong
          Last edited by Rowan; 2 October 2018, 13:59.

Comment

TESCO (Credit Card)
            • Date commenced: 10 / 2001
            • Approx balance: £2400
            • Paying on a self-managed DMP @ £1 a month since 08/2017
            • Account owner: Debt bought by HOIST in 07/2016 but all communication is from ROBINSON WAY who are managing the debt

CCA documents took 10 months to arrive. Robinson Way wrote to me every 2 months saying they were still waiting for a response from Tesco and even thanked me for my patience! I didn't care how long they took as in the meantime collection was on hold.
            CCA info eventually received 10/02/2018 but even to my inexperienced eye it looks scant.

29/09/2018 scanned docs sent to Niddy for checking. My first attempt and I may have made a pig's-ear of it!
            Last edited by Rowan; 2 October 2018, 13:54.

Comment

MINT /RBS (Credit Card)
              • Date commenced: 01 / 1999
              • Approx balance: £2350
              • Account owner: Debt bought by CABOT in 07/2017 but all communication is from WESCOT who are managing the debt

Comment

MBNA (Cats Protection Affinity Card) (Credit Card)
                • Date commenced: 03 / 2001
                • Approx balance: £4545
                • Account owner: LINK FINANCIAL from 07/2014

Comment

LLOYDS (Credit Card)
                  (This one is a bit more more complicated.! Will update when I sort out dates etc.)

Comment

Working...
                  X