GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script wolvaughan diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wolvaughan diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    have you filled out the forms min us income & expenditure and sent back also not admitting debt?

@Diana Mayhew judging by the amount they claim you need their help???
    I've not sent anything back as of yet, was waiting for some advice, should I?

Comment

deadlines get it in and state as above do not admit the debt do not do the income sheet
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by wolvaughan View Post
        [/B]

I've received a notice of intended court proceedings from PRA what do I do next?

Thanks
        Hi

As this is over £10k you need to speak to our solicitor. Head to *AAD+ (https://all-about-debt.co.uk/members) and then down the right side you'll see details of how to contact our solicitor.

Do not do anything until you have spoken to them as it's critical you do not make an error at this stage.

* AAD+ is a subscription access
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

[/B]

I've received a notice of intended court proceedings from PRA what do I do next?

We've now spoken about the Letter Before Claim

Send a Subject Access Request to Halifax to see what went on, and when it went on.

Di

Comment

I do however have one with PRA that I will post here . . . . . Niddy has already kindly had a look and said that it's UE but to post here for further help.
            • Type of account: Credit Card
            • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007): September 2001
            • Approx balance: £10,570.00
            • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment): July 2008
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying: Was on DMP currently not paying
            • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date): Default
            • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): DCA - PRA
            1 May 2018 - CCA Request Letter Sent
            15 May 2018 - Letter from PRA confirming letter received and that they have requested the CCA
            19 July 2018 - Letter from PRA enclosing copies of statements and confirming that the debt is currently unenforceable.
            26 July 2018 - Letter from PRA enclosing Halifax Credit Card Conditions of Use and Credit Card Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974
            8 November 2018 - Letter from PRA advising that PRA have purchased outstanding balance ?! and offering a full and final settlement figure.
            22 November 2018 - Letter from PRA - "Letter before claim as required by the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct &Protocols contained in the Civil Procedure Rules. This letter constitutes a formal demand for payment of £10525.11 and to give you notice of PRA Group's intention to issue Court proceedings against you"
            3 December 2018 - Returned reply form stating that PRA haven't complied with my CCA request.

6 December 2018 - Letter from PRA placing account on hold until the y have investigated the dispute

10 December 2018 - Letter from PRA enclosing the same Halifax Credit Card Conditions of Use and Credit Card Agreement sent to me previously on 26 July. Also enclosed were copies of all statements and a notice of assignment from Aktiv Kapital to PRA dated 12/01/15.

21 January - Letter from PRA advising they are continuing with legal proceedings.

I can see you've updated your thread to say that PRA intend to issue a claim despite the fact that you have told them (in your LBC response) that you dispute the debt due to non compliance with your s77-79 CCA Request.

No surprises there because PRA are known to issue claims regardless.

You have also been told by Niddy that the documents they've sent you purporting to be the credit agreement are unenforceable

Di

Comment

Hi All,

I have a new entry following a reply to one of my old CCA requests.
              • Type of account: Credit Card - MBNA
              • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007): November 1998
              • Approx balance: £3,424.32
              • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): DCA - Link
              1 May & 1 Nov - CCA Request to Link
              20 Feb - Letter from Link including 'Priority Request Form' signed by me 10 November 1998 with a copy of Financial and Related Conditions. The letter says the account is now enforceable.

Could someone help please, it appears to me that the form is just the application form and doesn't include the prescribed conditions.
              Last edited by wolvaughan; 27 February 2019, 17:37.

Comment

morning please send what you received to Niddy,he will say if UE.

if this page loads properly, i have removed the duplicat post above,
                NW
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have a new entry following a reply to one of my old CCA requests.
                  • Type of account: Credit Card - MBNA
                  • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007): November 1998
                  • Approx balance: £3,424.32
                  • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender): DCA - Link
                  1 May & 1 Nov - CCA Request to Link
                  20 Feb - Letter from Link including 'Priority Request Form' signed by me 10 November 2018 with a copy of Financial and Related Conditions. The letter says the account is now enforceable.

Could someone help please, it appears to me that the form is just the application form and doesn't include the prescribed conditions.

May I ask why you sent two CCA Requests? Your post says one was sent on 1st May and the other was sent on 1st November (2018?).

The 'Priority Request Form' seems spurious since you say the MBNA credit card account was opened in November 1998 but the version you've been sent was signed in November 2018. I assume that's a typo.

As Nightwatch has said email the documents to Niddy for his opinion on whether they are unenforceable using webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

The fact that Link say the account is now enforceable is a matter of opinion especially if MBNA didn't issue/serve a compliant Default Notice etc. before the account was terminated and sold to Link.

Maybe now would be a good time to send a Subject Access Request to MBNA to see what information they have on the history of this debt. Do you know when (what year) it was assigned to Link?

Di

Comment

Sorry Di, typing error it was signed in November 1998. I'll send the documents to Niddy for his opinion, unfortunately I don't know when it was assigned, I'll get a Subject Access Request off tomorrow.

I sent two CCA requests as the post office had no record of the letter being delivered and the cheque wasn't cashed so I couldn't prove they'd received the first one.

Comment

Sorry Di, typing error it was signed in November 1998. I'll send the documents to Niddy for his opinion, unfortunately I don't know when it was assigned, I'll get a Subject Access Request off tomorrow.

I sent two CCA requests as the post office had no record of the letter being delivered and the cheque wasn't cashed so I couldn't prove they'd received the first one.

That all makes sense

Di

Comment

Don't be concerned about proving deliver! Its enough for you to prove it was posted plus £1
                        Did you keep the Post Office receipt?
                        On that receipt will be the date and Recorded Delivery Number. That receipt alone is evidence of Postage.
                        Plus
                        If you go online to Post Office tracking and enter the RD Number it will acknowledge the date of Postage even if it doesn't have a signed receipt
                        If you can print the PO tracking screen OR press {Prt Sc] which will create a screen dump of the PO tracking screen which you can save and print off!

You have the Cheque Numbers and presumably the Date when raised! Doesn't matter whether these are encashed or Not.

Comment

In the past when the post office tracking has said it is still being processed, I have raised a complaint and amazingly they have found a proof of delivery. I think the good old post office don't always upload PODs

You need to be able to prove a CCA was sent, preferably by getting a reply but also by tracking postage.Personally I am not sure it is a good idea to tray and say well I sent a cheque but you didn't cash it - unless they have acknowledged the letter. A Judge might be swayed by an argument such as you must have forgotten to include the cheque.

I always think if you can dot your i's and cross your t's then you are in a much stronger position

It is all about having an air of credibility should it ever go to court

Turn up and be able to answer questions well goes a long way to persuade a judge on balance you are telling the truth
                          My judge believed me when I said , because I had kept all my records then when I said no DN was received it was probably true- well that and the fact they couldn't even say when it was s sent

Comment

Working...
                          X