GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script sunnylolly - Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sunnylolly - Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also would think why are they offering me such a big discount and in a normal world I am sure I would be correct. However, these companies are losing new revenue streams because banks are not selling bad debts on (Arrow Global have posted much reduced profits - shame).

I suppose for every 100 debts they buy, some will pay a lot, some will pay a little and some will pay nothing- if they can get the nothings to pay something they are winning . I don't think Lowell like me very much

Comment

• Originally posted by sunnylolly View Post
      the offer in the last letter expires today, does anyone have any experience on this type of offer? Is it possible to go to them and negotiate a lower amount? This is quite appealing as it is a big reduction but not the best time amid a pandemic to spare the funds. They do offer payment in full or over 3 instalments whereby the discount is applied on the final instalment but I am not keen on giving them I&E etc which I think they will ask for.

Unless I've misunderstood your Diary post (it happens ) your s78 CCA Request was sent to Capital One in August 2018.

You say that Niddy deemed the credit agreement enforceable at that point.

However since then (August 2019) Capital One have apparently assigned the debt to Lowell who may not have access to that document depending on what was 'agreed' in the Deed of Sale etc.

I can also see a DN was served by Capital One in October 2018. If things escalate to Lowell Solicitors you can email me that DN to see if it is compliant.

Definitely do not give Lowell Portfolio an I & E, and definitely do not send a new s78 CCA Request to them (yet).

You can send a SAR to Capital One but I think it's a bit early to do that.

Di

Comment

• Hello sunnylolly

Have you heard anything more from Lowell since their offer to settle this ex-Capital One debt in May?

Your CCA Request was sent to Capital One in 2018 so Lowell won't necessarily know what you received in response.

Originally posted by sunnylolly View Post
        Capital One Credit Card
        Date commenced - 13/4/01
        Balance £9539.08
        Last paid - 25/4/18 £223.84 minimum payment
        Have not been able to pay May or June minimum payment due to no income from business
        Status - Credit report from Noddle today 1/7/18 shows up to date
        Account owner Capital One

Correspondence

Sent
        Letter sent (Citizens advice template) explaining cashflow position, asking for balance outstanding and requesting hold on action for 3 months whilst I work out finances and requesting freeze on interest and charges to stop debt increasing and an explanation if they can't or won't do this.

CCA request sent and received by them 10/8/18 - no response received as of yesterday post 22/8/18

Received
        No response to letter sent 20/6/18
        Letter received 27/6/18 offering to help me get back in control of my finances! Requesting me to complete an income and expenditure form and they will offer me a plan, have to respond within 30 days or complete over the phone. I am not keen on doing either and have not responded yet.

dated 27/6/18 received 2/7/18 confirming balance £9539.08

dated 3/7/18 received 7/7/18 Notice of Sums in Arrears.

Agreement received and sent to Niddy who advises Enforceable.

31/8/18 Letter to advise I will permanently lose use of card if I don't pay or agree payment by 26/9/18
        7/9/18 letter dated 3/9/18 Notice of Sums in Arrears including FCA arrears information sheet. Letter also shows a payment of £1 to my account on 16/8/18 which looks like the £1 postal order I sent for CCA request.
        2/10/18 letter advising permanent loss of use of card.
        29/10/18 Default notice
        3/11/18 Notice of sums in arrears
        1/12/18 Statement of default
        3/12/18 confirmation of default and request to pay in full.
        30/8/19 Letter dated 27/8/19 advising debt sold to Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd on 9/8/19 and they have instructed Lowell Financial Ltd (Lowell) to manage account.
        13/9/19 Letter from Lowell requesting payment.
        30/9/19 Letter from Lowell requesting payment
        14/10/19 letter from Lowell wanting contact.
        29/10/19 letter from Lowell wanting to talk to me.
        2/11/19 Letter from Wescot to say they have confirmed my address.
        14/11/19 Letter from Lowell wanting contact
        27/11/20 Letter from Lowell chasing payment
        16/12/19 Letter from Lowell to say account is overdue and offering 20% discount for payment by 30/12/19
        30/12/19 Overdue account Letter from Lowell wanting contact
        13/1/20 Overdue account letter from Lowell wanting contact and telling me my credit file can stop me getting a job etc etc
        13/1/20 Annual statement from Lowell Financial Limited
        30/1/20 Next step assessment letter if don't hear from me by 13/2/20 they will decide how to progress account.
        14/2/20 Next step assessment letter with a 40% discount offer if pay by 29/2/20
        4/3/20 Letter from Lowell wanting contact.
        8/4/20 Letter from Lowell with 50% discount if paid by 22/4/20
        13/5/20 received 19/5/20 Letter from Lowell with 60% discount if paid by 27/5/20
        Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
          Hello sunnylolly

Have you heard anything more from Lowell since their offer to settle this ex-Capital One debt in May?

Your CCA Request was sent to Capital One in 2018 so Lowell won't necessarily know what you received in response.

Di
          Hi Diana Mayhew thank you for your follow up and sorry for the delay in responding, no I haven't heard any more on this since the last letter in May. Fingers crossed it stays that way! Hope you are well x

Comment

Working...
          X