GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PRA - Ex Morethan - Ex Lloyds - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRA - Ex Morethan - Ex Lloyds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA - Ex Morethan - Ex Lloyds

Here is my other remaining debt - stand clear.....it's very old, very stale and a bit whiffy......
    PRA GROUP (EX-MORETHAN AND NOW EX-LLOYDS)
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced - 1995
    • Approx balance-£4,800
    • Date last paid - November 2011
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - I was on a payment arrangement until CCA request made early 2016 - no payments made since then.
    • Status - Defaulted: May 2012
    • Account owner - PRA

A naive question if I may? If I borrow from an organisation who loses interest in me, washes their hands of me and transfers my debt to another organisation without me having any say in it, then what responsibility do I have to pay that new organistaion?

I am well aware that this is legal. However, I need the money and these organisations maybe don't. They are playing games with me.
    This saga takes things to extremes. MoreThan are owned by insurance group RSA. A long time ago they sold ALL of their credit card accounts to Lloyds (I didn't ask for this.) I remember a letter from MoreThan advising of their decision and saying 'we know some of you will be disappointed by this.' Ha....!!!!!

Onward:-
    - Moorcroft were appointed by Lloyds as collection agents in May 2012.
    - Lloyds sold the debt to Aktiv Kapital (PRA) in June 2014, retaining the irritating and ineffectual Moorcroft as collection agents.
    - January 2016: CCA request was made to Moorcroft
    - February 2016: Moorcroft acknowledge CCA request in letter 'Please be advised that we will need to contact our client this process may take some time.' They offer me the opportunity to cancel my standing order and I DO!!
    - June 2016: PRA send letter to say they have sacked Morcroft and to deal with PRA directly.

Over the ensuing two years, nothing further is heard about the CCA request and the only correspondence received from PRA has been annual statements, incredibly measly offers for full and final settlements and requests to to contact them to discuss payment offers / repayment plans.
    As PRA has not had a bean from me for more than two years, this lot is surely 'on hold' but I have not asked for confirmation from them.

All thoughts on this appreciated.

Kind regards.

Diana Mayhew == knows PRA asked to pop in
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by spring-sun View Post
      Here is my other remaining debt - stand clear.....it's very old, very stale and a bit whiffy......
      PRA GROUP (EX-MORETHAN AND NOW EX-LLOYDS)
      • Credit Card
      • Date commenced - 1995
      • Approx balance-£4,800
      • Date last paid - November 2011
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying - I was on a payment arrangement until CCA request made early 2016 - no payments made since then.
      • Status - Defaulted: May 2012
      • Account owner - PRA

Onward:-
      - Moorcroft were appointed by Lloyds as collection agents in May 2012.
      - Lloyds sold the debt to Aktiv Kapital (PRA) in June 2014, retaining the irritating and ineffectual Moorcroft as collection agents.
      - January 2016: CCA request was made to Moorcroft

Over the ensuing two years, nothing further is heard about the CCA request and the only correspondence received from PRA has been annual statements,

I've only just seen this thread having missed the tagging.

It's unusual for PRA not to make attempts to collect a debt forever. Two years with only annual statements sent means they know where you are so they could chase you if they thought they'd have some success.

Enjoy the peace and quiet and don't write to ask them for confirmation of anything because that might trigger a closer look at your file.

From what you say they have not complied with your s 77-79 CCA Request so the debt is currently unenforceable in court until or unless they do comply.

I also see the debt was assigned by Lloyds to Aktiv Kapital before being assigned to PRA (having started life as More Than) so they may have assignment chain issues if they decide to pursue this one

Di

Comment

Working...
      X