GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot - Ex NatWest - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot - Ex NatWest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot - Ex NatWest

Good Morning All. I have just paid my £10 for a year's AAD membership so further to my introduction, here are details of my biggest debt:-
    CABOT (EX-NATWEST)
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced-2009
    • Approx balance-£10,300
    • Date last paid - Early 2012
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying -DMP - agreed payment plans in place since 2012. Agreed monthly payments have varied between £1 p.m. and currently £70 p.m. paid since December 2016.
    • Status-Defaulted - April 2012
    • Account owner-Cabot

I have rid myself of some 18 debts and am left with this and the PRA one which I talk about on a separate diary.

At the start of 2016 I made a CCA request to NatWest and received an agreement. I should have had this checked out at the time but it looked pretty 'competent' so I accepted it and carried on with the monthly payment plans. At this time the debt was owned by the original creditor, NatWest who promised once / twice / three times they would NEVER, EVER, EVER sell a debt if a payment plan was adhered to.

Guess what? They are not people of their word. They sold it to Cabot around August 2017. I know this is good news but it still sticks in my craw that things are not as explained and promised by the 'highly respectable' high street banks........

I know form past experiences that Wescot are an irritating and ineffectual entity. They were appointed by NatWest as collection agents prior to the sale of the debt and unfortunately are still hanging around now, collecting for Cabot, being useless and getting in the way.

As mentioned in my introduction, following redundancy I am now sowing the seeds for retirement. I need to make a decision on these two remaining debts and would be eternally grateful if the agreement I was sent by NatWest could be looked over. I can then decide what to do.

Have a great day everybody.

Welcome

Send a unredacted copy of the CCA you were sent by NatWest to Niddy webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk
    Nobody else sees this.

There are many reasons why a Debt could be UE not just the CCA.
    This is where good filing and a records becomes important so that you can make informed judgements over your DEBTS

Comment

Thanks Roger - i have just sent the agreement to Niddy on the email address you advised.

Comment

I have been waiting about a week since sending an agreement to Niddy. Does anybody know how long it normally takes for him to respond? I'm not moaning or anything.......but will resend it if it is likely it has got lost. I sent the agreement to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi

my apologies - nothing in my emails outstanding. Maybe I missed it and / or it’s ended up in spam.

Could you please resend and ill look out for it this time.

Thanks.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by spring-sun View Post
            CABOT (EX-NATWEST)
            • Credit Card
            • Date commenced-2009
            • Approx balance-£10,300
            • Date last paid - Early 2012
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying -DMP - agreed payment plans in place since 2012. Agreed monthly payments have varied between £1 p.m. and currently £70 p.m. paid since December 2016.
            • Status-Defaulted - April 2012
            • Account owner-Cabot

At the start of 2016 I made a CCA request to NatWest and received an agreement. I should have had this checked out at the time but it looked pretty 'competent' so I accepted it and carried on with the monthly payment plans. At this time the debt was owned by the original creditor, NatWest . . . .

. . . . They sold it to Cabot around August 2017.

Is Cabot aware or unaware that you sent a s 77-79 CCA Request to NatWest?

You say you presumed that the credit agreement sent to you by NatWest looked enforceable (have you now re-sent it to Niddy for his opinion?) but Cabot may not be able to obtain the same document.

Wait until you know if NatWest has complied fully with your CCA Request and then a decision can be taken as to whether you should send another one to Cabot (if the first one is enforceable) or make Cabot aware that the account is in dispute.

It might also make sense to send a Subject Access Request to NatWest to see if they did everything else properly before they terminated the account and assigned it to Cabot, such as the Default Notice etc. A SAR will be free from 25th May

Wait for the verdict on your credit agreement before you do anything.

Di

Comment

If and I do mean if the agreement that natwest sent you is compliant , I would send another CCA request to cabot.

This is the reason why

I had a couple of RBS debts that were sold to cabot Financial (UK) ltd . Prior to that I had sent two CCA requests and received back two good documents , however for a variety of reasons i stopped paying anyway.

In 2017 ( I think, I would need to check my records) both debts were sold to cabot and I sent new CCA requests . I received one letter back saying they weree looking for them and since then nothing else, not a peep. No phone calls, no letters, no emails, no searches on my credit file. Now both debts have reached the statute barred line and they I have saved £3000

However, and I would bow to Diana's knowledge because the debt is large and more recent than mine were - she may say do nothing.

By the way, were these accounts ever defaulted and do you have the default notices by any chance - both my default noticed were technically bad although what a Judge would have said is a different matter

Comment

Working...
              X