GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with court papers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with court papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with court papers

You kindly helped a couple of years ago when I was helping my very ill sister when she received a CCJ, we had to let that go as she had buried her head and Stepchange gave her advice to admit and receive the CCJ even though there was no correct paperwork.

We have today received CCJ paperwork from Asset Link for an old Barclaycard (sky card) debt which we did not receive the correct CCA paperwork for 2 years ago and was advised it was not correct.

My sister has acknowledged the claim last week and I believe she has 28 days, I was in hospital so we have lost a week. I have just looked at the paperwork and the figures in the particulars of the claim are totally gibberish (like hundreds of thousands) and totally different from the amount claimed, she also received 3 copies from the court all exactly the same.

My username is similar from last time and Di kindly helped via email regarding the last issue.

I would be grateful for any information on how to defend for the best, we know the CCA is unenforceable as it is pre 2007 but the figures are wrong too.

Thank you

xx

Originally posted by Missymoo222 View Post
    You kindly helped a couple of years ago when I was helping my very ill sister when she received a CCJ, we had to let that go as she had buried her head and Stepchange gave her advice to admit and receive the CCJ even though there was no correct paperwork.

We have today received CCJ paperwork from Asset Link for an old Barclaycard (sky card) debt which we did not receive the correct CCA paperwork for 2 years ago and was advised it was not correct.

My sister has acknowledged the claim last week and I believe she has 28 days, I was in hospital so we have lost a week. I have just looked at the paperwork and the figures in the particulars of the claim are totally gibberish (like hundreds of thousands) and totally different from the amount claimed, she also received 3 copies from the court all exactly the same.

My username is similar from last time and Di kindly helped via email regarding the last issue.

I would be grateful for any information on how to defend for the best, we know the CCA is unenforceable as it is pre 2007 but the figures are wrong too.

Thank you

xx
    Hi

Can we just be clear on what you have received, as the two statements highlighted in red do not seem to tally. Just what paperwork it that has been received? If the claim was acknowledged last week, the claim form must have been received then, so what is the new paperwork? We need to be clear on the precise sequence of events and what you have received, in order for someone to give the appropriate help. For example - what is the date on the Claim Form?

Comment

Hi

Thanks for replying.

She received County court business centre claim form N1SDT. She then went online to acknowledge which gave her 28 day to submit the defence (I hop this is correct).

There is no new paperwork, it is just that I was in hospital last week when she received it and she then went online to acknlowedge. I have seen the court papers today and noticed that the particulars of the claim are not correct and all the figures are way out.

Date on claim form is 22 Aug 2017 but it was a few days before receiving the first then a second and third a few days later. They are all identical so think this is just a mistake from Northampton.

We did a CCA around 2 years ago and was sent a photocopy of some terms and was told it did not comply so left alone until Kearns have started with a CCJ claim.

Many thanks

xx

Comment

Hi, you need to start collecting all your paperwork. Do the 3 claims all contain the same references, amounts etc? Do they all have the same claim number? You need to send the front page of the claim form to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk and then he will get back to you with advice and suggestions. Look here https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...rom-a-creditor for help
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks.

Yes all 3 sets are identical, hence I think it is a mistake from the court.

I will scan the front page in first thing in the morning as I cannot fathom where they have got the figures from.

The box on the right is less than £2000 but the particulars on the left state they are claiming hundreds of thousands, its not even a case of a missing decimal place.

Thanks again for your help.

xx

Comment

I've received your email and will reply shortly

Di

Comment

Many thanks Di

Comment

Working...
              X