GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script IDEM CAPITAL SECURITIES LIMITED - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IDEM CAPITAL SECURITIES LIMITED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat
    replied
    Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
    Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit if sending get free proof posting and keep copy, (no guarantee DCA will comply) can send this one, many companies send a hopeful local commission agent to try to talk to you (You don't have to say anything except shut the gate on the way out)., they have no powers and they would have to leave, they just give a post a card through door asking to contact some office which you ignore, these type letters are part of their system to intimidate you into paying.
    The tech Clerk posted the above link and instructions

[QUOTE]
    Dear Sirs,
    Reference: 123456789
    Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.
    I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me over the past few weeks and these have been duly logged by time and date.
    Should it be your intention to arrange a doorstep visit, please be advised that under the FCA CONC rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you or any representative of yours.
    There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.).
    Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.
    Yours faithfully,

Type Name Here
    /QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by hard to guess View Post
    Haha good response... I was just wondering if there was a way to tell them they are not welcome without them coming...not nice if anyone turns up and someone else answers the door.
    This is precisely their intention!!
    My problems started because my work dried up with a Banking crash!
    My Credit was trashed and the Credit Cards APR Rates went UP!! Your Credit rating has a serious and immediate effect on your Life! It is very damaging not to be credit worthy and for six years!
    Then came the pestering pretending to help Me as if they were a Charity.
    Now consider this the Original Debt was written off for Tax purposes and sold to Idem for most likely pennies in the Pound.
    You weren't offered a pennies in the pound to clear that Debt were you!

For Idem the Uncreditworthy are good for their business and they aim for 100% of the whole face value of that debt!
    Where other's won't deal with you these sharks see you as good for business!
    They actually play on your vulnerability, pester and badger someone who has been traumatised!

We at AAD know and have been through this!
    Be as politely hard faced as they are! With a smile no need for discussion just tell them to close the gate on the way out!

Leave a comment:

• hard to guess
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post

My Irish friend's response to strangers was to speak in Gallic! Few if any know that language!!
    The perfect response is to be complete calm! ignore all questions! smile politely and tell them to close the gate on the way out.
    Haha good response... I was just wondering if there was a way to tell them they are not welcome without them coming...not nice if anyone turns up and someone else answers the door.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Thank you, will do exactly this!
    In relation to stopping any visits from the field agents...anything I Can do to stop them turning up?
    My Irish friend's response to strangers was to speak in Gallic! Few if any know that language!!
    The perfect response is to be complete calm! ignore all questions! smile politely and tell them to close the gate on the way out.

Leave a comment:

• hard to guess
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post

I can't find a Diary or details of this Debt other than a comment here and there.
    It would be helpful if you set up a Diary in your own name.
    A Good Diary really helps! Harassment for instance especially with notes of letters, phone calls, SMS's etc.. builds a picture and evidence!
    A Good Diary also makes for good advice and decisions

A Diary format

Type of account:
    Date commenced:
    Approx balance:
    Date last paid in full:
    Current status:
    Assigned:
    Account Owner:

This will help you and AAD

Thank you, will do exactly this!

In relation to stopping any visits from the field agents...anything I Can do to stop them turning up?

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied
    Hi all. They are still trying it on, now sending letters to say they are sending field agents to discuss the debt and get back in contact with me.... I don't want anyone knocking on the door to be honest...I know they are powerless and I can send them away, but don't want them coming. Is there anyway I can push back and tell them I don't want anyone here? Or does that mean me locking horns with them and starting a fight?
    I can't find a Diary or details of this Debt other than a comment here and there.
    It would be helpful if you set up a Diary in your own name.
    A Good Diary really helps! Harassment for instance especially with notes of letters, phone calls, SMS's etc.. builds a picture and evidence!
    A Good Diary also makes for good advice and decisions

A Diary format

Type of account:
    Date commenced:
    Approx balance:
    Date last paid in full:
    Current status:
    Assigned:
    Account Owner:

This will help you and AAD

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit if sending get free proof posting and keep copy, (no guarantee DCA will comply) can send this one, many companies send a hopeful local commission agent to try to talk to you (You don't have to say anything except shut the gate on the way out)., they have no powers and they would have to leave, they just give a post a card through door asking to contact some office which you ignore, these type letters are part of their system to intimidate you into paying.

Leave a comment:

• hard to guess
    replied
    Hi all. They are still trying it on, now sending letters to say they are sending field agents to discuss the debt and get back in contact with me.... I don't want anyone knocking on the door to be honest...I know they are powerless and I can send them away, but don't want them coming. Is there anyway I can push back and tell them I don't want anyone here? Or does that mean me locking horns with them and starting a fight?

Leave a comment:

• hard to guess
    replied
    Thanks both! I assumed as much.

Filed away. Chilled.

Leave a comment:

• Timewilltell
    replied
    File and chill.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    from next drawer down??? see what next!

Leave a comment:

• hard to guess
    replied
    Hello!

They have sent a "different" kind of letter today. Not a formal court letter or anything, but they have started to "threaten"

It states that they are in the process of referring the account to their litigation department in relation to the outstanding balance.... "as detailed in the default note previously issues". (that's an interesting one as I do not have this....)

It states if they do not hear anything within 15 days from the letter their litigation department will be instructed to commence repossession action.

Am I right in thinking this is them just trying to "Scare" me as they do not have a leg to stand on and cannot legally enforce this given they are operating out of Luxembourg?

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied

They are calling and sending SMS every day now, should I ignore the calls? Don't trust speaking to them on the phone as things are conveniently lost, much prefer to keep in writing.
    Yes, ignore the calls and texts.

Wait for them to write to you so you've got a paper trail.

It's not unknown for call logs to be 'amended' or have missing information

Di

Leave a comment:

• hard to guess
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I had a hunch it might have been a secured loan from Capital One assigned to IDEM since I've recently been approached by others in the same or similar situation as you - hence I asked the question.

Di
    They are calling and sending SMS every day now, should I ignore the calls? Don't trust speaking to them on the phone as things are conveniently lost, much prefer to keep in writing.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    I should have clarified, it was a secured loan.

I had a hunch it might have been a secured loan from Capital One assigned to IDEM since I've recently been approached by others in the same or similar situation as you - hence I asked the question.

Di

Leave a comment:

Working...
X