GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Money owed to hoist - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Money owed to hoist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money owed to hoist

Hello,

In May 2009 I opened a student account with an overdraft of £1,500 which I have since been unable to pay.

Hoist finance UK holdings 3 ltd has acquired the debt and my credit report states that the default date is 20th Jan 2017.

Roughly around the year 2017 (I can't remember exactly when and have lost all correspondence) I wrote to them (not realising this would reset the debt time frame) asking them to stop contacting me due to depression and having no money.

I was homeless for years following this so didn't receive any correspondence for ages but 2 years ago managed to move back into a house again. They now send letters, phone me and text me with offers and discounts but I have not responded.
    I really want to fix my credit rating so I can begin to save for a mortgage but I don't know what to do about this hoist debt?

should I risk waiting until it's been 6 years from the default date? How likely are they to slap a ccj on me right before it's statue barred? I definitely won't be able to afford the ccj cost so is there anything I can do if it came to that? And is there anything else (other than bankrupcy etc) that I can do to end this debt?

Thank you

For a start they cannot slap? a CCJ they would have to have all the correct details/paperwork or you ignore them then only could they try to get a CCJ, a longish process, in view of the length of time this been going on then statute barred must be soon? where do you live Eng/wales or Scotland?
    ??????
    • Type of account
    • Date commenced
    • Approx balance £
    • Date last paid
    • Are you on arrangement
    • Status defaulted
    • Account owner

keep it up dated with all correspondence:- do not speak to them unless advised on here, welcome by the way, look around the site under Hoist heading get an idea of the system they try and use.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 28 August 2022, 07:45.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you. I have read it can take 2 weeks to file a ccj and some companies like to do it just before the debt becomes statute barred. It should become stature barred in Jan 2023. Do you think they would accept a lower figure if they file for a CCJ? Is there anything else I can do to get them off my case? Thank you

Comment

Ccj can only be listed if they win in court or of you fail to challenge hence we ask you to do the dairy support you. Stop being defeated and read other cases on here chin up have confidence they are trying to unsettling you part of tricks
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well please do start a Diary entry.
          You mention an overdraft was this by chance a Current Account?

Comment

Working...
          X