GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice needed Cabot - Mortimer Clarke Solicitors - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed Cabot - Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed Cabot - Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

I hope someone can help.

In 2005, I took out a credit card with Lloyds TSB. Due to a change in financial income, I stopped paying Lloyds in 2014. Stupidly, after getting numerous threatening letters by Cabot, I paid them a nominal £5 a month from 2017 until around May 2020 when I ceased payments. So it’s not statute barred.

Fast forward, yesterday I received a letter from Cabot stating my account is being passed to their internal solicitors, Mortimer Clarke. They will be writing toy be in the next 7 days. From what I have read online, they seem to like going down the CCJ route, which is what I want to avoid. The amount owed is around £3,300 of which I can’t afford. I’m struggling to make ends meet as it is. I am preempting things and was wondering if I can been given advice on what I should do? Should I wait and see if should I start asking for the relevant documents to be sent (such as the original credit agreement and default notice, etc)? I am new to this so I apologise in advance for my naivety.

I would send a CCA request along with the £1 fee required, LLoyds were well known for "bad filing" at one time then see what comes back.
    no need to appologise, we have all been there.
    I sometimes think I still am
    Last edited by nightwatch; 14 April 2024, 09:19. Reason: extra thoughts
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you so much for replying. Do I send the CCA to Cabot or Lloyds? I want to be one step ahead of Mortimer Clarke!

Comment

as Cabot seem to own it, send to them. x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X