GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot Financial (UK) Limited - Court Claim Stayed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot Financial (UK) Limited - Court Claim Stayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial (UK) Limited - Court Claim Stayed

A few years ago, Mortimer Clarke Solicitors (Cabot Financial (UK) Limited) issue claim. They haven't replied to my defence and the claim stayed.

At the beginning of this month, Mortimer Clarke Solicitors sent me a letter to settle this matter without the need for court proceedings. They are offering me a 50% discount of the original balance plus interests and the costs it has incurred. They original balance was around £500 and with court solicitors fee is now around £600.

Their settlement proposal is available for 30 days.

Are they acting like this just to see if I am still around at the same address. If not and not receiving the letter, they can apply to lift the stay and win by default?

Any advice is more than welcome.

if claim stayed they have a problem, is this your original address? if so they are trying it on, they would need to pay to unstay and after so long give dam good reason for the length of time. also of course have the necessary paperwork = they are trying to unstable you the dirt trade tactics. wonder some are allowed to act by regulators in such manner. sure others will responsd?

no court fee unless they ever/did win.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I’m with Tech on this, leave them alone to play on their own.

Comment

thanks for reply The Tech Clerk and @Timewilltell

I live at the original address. It was just my thought that they wanted to test the waters to see if I am still here.

Actually it was more than 3 years since they issued the Court Claim. And btw, at that time, I added on the defence that Cabot Financial (UK) Limited are not FCA Licensed.

On the last letter, the balance was around £600 with all the court fees added on top, not the original balance.

Should I reply to something to their letter? If not, I guess they will pay the unstay and hoping to win by Default Judgment. Or they are trying to get some money from me to cover their expenses with the court fee?

Comment

sit on it file it away for now:- no default win as court would inform any movement!

Roger
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yes do nothing, they are fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar View Post
              A few years ago, Mortimer Clarke Solicitors (Cabot Financial (UK) Limited) issue claim. They haven't replied to my defence and the claim stayed.

At the beginning of this month, Mortimer Clarke Solicitors sent me a letter to settle this matter without the need for court proceedings. They are offering me a 50% discount of the original balance plus interests and the costs it has incurred. They original balance was around £500 and with court solicitors fee is now around £600.

Their settlement proposal is available for 30 days.

Are they acting like this just to see if I am still around at the same address. If not and not receiving the letter, they can apply to lift the stay and win by default?

Any advice is more than welcome.
              IF THEY ARE SO CONFIDENT WHY IS IT STAYED?
              ASK YOURSELF WHAT IS DIFFERENT TODAY FROM !A Few Years Ago! WELL INFLATION AT ABOVE 10%

We all know that OUR Priority Expenditures (Gas, Elec, Water, Food, Travel, Clothing, Rent/Mortgage) well the Bank Of England has a 2 year forecast of above 10% increases ON GOING FOR POSSIBLE 2 YEARS!
              AND Incomes remaining low!

This Economic reality will be hitting home hard on these DEBT purchasers because NO Money CAN'T PAY .

So the most likely scenario here is to try and get out with something rather than NOTHING.

i BELIEVE THAT COURT COSTS HAVE ALSO INCREASED

Sometimes it isn't about the Law sometimes its tactics but right now the Economy is heading into Recesssion (NO money CAN'T PAY)

Wait and see what they do next AND don't communicate with them! Clearly they have doubts about getting any MONIES here else why write to you! The 30 day timescale for what? Scare tactics ? doesn't change the following does it!
              The final problem they have is ".. They haven't replied to my defence and the claim stayed. .."
              Last edited by Roger; 17 August 2022, 13:41.

Comment

By the way - the balance isn't £600 now, as they haven't been awarded costs, and Cabot cannot charge interest either without a court order.

Comment

Working...
                X