GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot and cyldesdale Loan - just issued me a Section 87 notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot and cyldesdale Loan - just issued me a Section 87 notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBan View Post
    I’ve now received a letter from Cabot saying “Your agreement is terminated- You have not complied with the default notice.

I will now have to pay the full balance and the status of your agreement will be reported to the Credit Reference Bureau as being in default.

-I’m still waiting on a response for the SAR from the original creditor.

Hello

We have previously spoken about this situation and the Default Notice issued by a debt purchaser (if it was legally assigned) not the original creditor.

Email me that "Termination" letter from Cabot since the legal owner of the debt has yet to be established.

Are Cabot seeking payment of the whole amount if the loan had it run to the expiry date?

I note you've not received your SAR response from Clydesdale.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Hello

We have previously spoken about this situation and the Default Notice issued by a debt purchaser (if it was legally assigned) not the original creditor.

Email me that "Termination" letter from Cabot since the legal owner of the debt has yet to be established.

Are Cabot seeking payment of the whole amount if the loan had it run to the expiry date?

I note you've not received your SAR response from Clydesdale.

Di

Hiya!

Indeed we had a lovely conversation at the start of all this Covid madness.

I haven't received anything from Clydesdale yet but given the delay in delivery times by Royal Mail it could be another week or two...talk about taking their time but then I did post the letter mid April so they still have some time left!!

I have sent you a copy of their latest letter demanding that I pay them in full as our agreement has been terminated, So currently I'm ignoring them until I receive the SAR response identifying the actual ownership.

Dan

Comment

So a brief but pointless update really:

I received a letter back from Clydesdale (DSAR Team) in regards to my SAR request stating that due to the outbreak of Covid-19, the department who deals with this is temporarily closed and will respond to my request when they can but at the moment are unable to respond.

Just as a side note, I've managed to move into our new rent house. I'm now toying on whether to update the DCA with my new address or not as I've already setup a post redirection with Royal Mail for the next 3 months.

Comment

they can use that excuse for the time being but keep an eye on it
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
            they can use that excuse for the time being but keep an eye on it
            Many thanks, will do.

How long would be acceptable and then what should I do next?

Comment

save as to a few weeks see what the position of offices are, then come back here up date any event, a last resort would be a complaint to to the ICO, but would think sorted soon, as rule state 30 days normally but under certain (as now) circumstances a bit longer
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by DBan View Post
                I've managed to move into our new rent house. I'm now toying on whether to update the DCA with my new address or not as I've already setup a post redirection with Royal Mail for the next 3 months.

Welcome to your new home

I see you've set up Royal Mail Redirect for three months so you can take a view later on what to do next.

Has anyone moved into your old house so post would be received if it slips through the net, and possibly forwarded on to you or you could collect it (when allowed out after Lockdown)?

Di

Comment

Working...
                X