GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot and cyldesdale Loan - just issued me a Section 87 notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot and cyldesdale Loan - just issued me a Section 87 notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok perfect, I'll try my best to answer them.

Comment

Quick question, where do I find a Sar letter template?

Do I need to subscribe to gain access to it?

Kind regards

Comment

Dear Sirs,

Ref: {enter your account details}

In line with article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) I hereby formally request that you provide me a copy of all information held about me on your systems, in paper format or other means.

This is a data subject request so please send me
        everything
        that you hold about me to my home address as detailed below:

{enter your address}

I look forward to receiving the requested information within the next 30 days, as per the GDPR.

Yours faithfully

just send that Recorded Delivery and keep copy receipt etc No Charge these days
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          Dear Sirs,

Ref: {enter your account details}

In line with article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) I hereby formally request that you provide me a copy of all information held about me on your systems, in paper format or other means.

This is a data subject request so please send me
          everything
          that you hold about me to my home address as detailed below:

{enter your address}

I look forward to receiving the requested information within the next 30 days, as per the GDPR.

Yours faithfully

just send that Recorded Delivery and keep copy receipt etc No Charge these days

Perfect, thankyou for that.

Do I need to send any proof/copies of ID?

Many thanks

Comment

Not necessary they are already corresponding with you .
            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 12 April 2020, 07:31.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Perfect, the Sar letter has been sent to Creditor last week and has arrived/signed for a day later. It'll be interesting to see what they have to supply.
              I'm still currently making monthly payments by standing order to Cabot, but I'm having an internal fight about finding the money to pay the requested arrears as demand by 28th April or just let them default the debt on my file which is still showing as late payment.

Comment

If you don't have the money there is no fight to have. I would let them default the account, It may be interesting to see who places the default on the Credit file.
                It may be an idea to print a copy of your file with the late payments from the bank on, just as a precaution

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                  If you don't have the money there is no fight to have. I would let them default the account, It may be interesting to see who places the default on the Credit file.
                  It may be an idea to print a copy of your file with the late payments from the bank on, just as a precaution
                  I can get the money but it'll deplete any funds I have and whilst I'm trying to move house which is expensive anyway, I think the spare cash will end up going towards that.

When you say printed copy do you mean from my bank or credit report/file?

Thanks

Comment

Credit report file

Comment

Ok I've tried too via Clearscore and Credit Karma with no joy as it contaminates the page with the actual account report but I've managed to print it off the DCA website payment history.

Are there any other Credit report places I'd have more success from?

Comment

Clearscore , You need a copy of the account report, showing it is being reported as late payments, not a copy of the DCA's payment history.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                          Clearscore , You need a copy of the account report, showing it is being reported as late payments, not a copy of the DCA's payment history.
                          nightwatch Thanks for that, none of the credit reports have a late payment notification on their account history anymore and are being shown as missed payments even though I am paying on time. I have taken screenshots and printed them out which should be sufficient.

Comment

that's fine , it is just proof (if needed) that no Default was in place before it was sold

Comment

Just an update I’ve now received a letter from Cabot saying “Your agreement is terminated- You have not complied with the default notice.

I will now have to pay the full balance and the status of your agreement will be reported to the Credit Reference Bureau as being in default.

-I’m still waiting on a response for the SAR from the original creditor.

An additional question: I have a standing order that’s still paying the monthly required payments to Cabot which had been setup in December after the creditor notified me they had sold the debt. Do I keep this paying out month by month? After all, What Cabot are getting their knickers in a twist about is the original arrears I owed the Creditor and thats the reason they’ve given me a default notice?

Comment

personaly , I wouldn't keep paying untill things are clearer, put the money to oneside so if it is proved they are in the right you can use it as a F&F or a fighting fund if needed.
                                but only you can decide if you wish to carry on paying or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X