GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New user Pip saying "Hello!" and with overview of my situation before setting up diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New user Pip saying "Hello!" and with overview of my situation before setting up diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New user Pip saying "Hello!" and with overview of my situation before setting up diary

Originally posted by Pip View Post
    Time to stop paying and pursue UE -- you've all given me such a lot of encouragement (tempered with words of caution) to give this a go. The light-hearted, friendly, supportive atmosphere on this forum is also very rare and quite wonderful!

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey !!

Good luck

MK
    Last edited by mk_chatham; 6 January 2012, 14:57.
    One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
    Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Re: New user Pip saying "Hello!" and with overview of my situation before setting up diary

Time to stop paying and pursue UE -- you've all given me such a lot of encouragement (tempered with words of caution) to give this a go. The light-hearted, friendly, supportive atmosphere on this forum is also very rare and quite wonderful!
      Light-hearted ? I haven't slept a wink all night worrying about that poor missing cat I've email your link to all my contacts in North America and one in Costa Rica (cats are known to have a wanderlust). Here's hoping
      Last edited by PlanB; 6 January 2012, 14:55.

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
        Welcome to the forum Pip. Think a few of us had similar experiences with DMP's. I always thought they were our debts accrued through our own stupidity so it was our duty to repay them. We owed £30,000+ and if i'm honest i haven't got a clue where it went cos we've got nothing to show for it. Started with a credit card application filled in at the airport on our way to honeymoon(paid for by family),ran a debt up on that, couldn't pay it,got a loan and the rest is history. We went on the dmp with CCCS in 2003 and did 8 years of our 18 year sentence,and that's only with good behaviour, without missing a payment. Circumstances changed due to ill health and we thought BR was our only option. Like you a pm directed us over here and so far it,s the best thing we've ever done. Long way to go but enjoying the journey. GOOD LUCK
        Hi Pip,
        As above was with cccs 3 years paying £1000 pm still received ccj threats ect then could not afford the payment due to loss of earnings payed half for a few months then found this site since 2010 have only paid enforceable debts no % or charges, the unenforceable debts get nothing but niddys templates no cash, have had a second ccj enforceable cca only have to pay £10pm. So life is good again no more looking for cheapest groceries almost out of date ect, enjoying life again no credit just cash or debit card all thanks to this forum.
        Good Luck.

Comment

Well I was up late last night reading through lots of people's UE diaries. All fascinating reading and a really amazing resource to be able to learn from others' experiences (while realising that creditors can be whimsical and pull fast ones from time to time!)

One of the main things that stuck out for me as quite surprising is that my most detested creditor out of a bad bunch, Lloyds TSB isn't all that hard to deal with once the UE process starts rolling (as far as realistic litigation threats go). However, while trying to sort out a DMP, and even a year on from the start of the DMP being in place, they were by far the nastiest -- their robot letter churning-out machine is by far the most full-on and merciless, and the interest that they have piled on since my initial default (i.e. not paying the full minimum payment) has been obscene. To ever pay the twats off through a DMP or any other genuine attempt to get out of debt is simply impossible because of the astronomically huge interest and relentless charges. Their in-house B*L*S*** Collections have been the first off the mark to send a letter saying I haven't paid them enough last month (although I did pay them something, but won't do so again).

Compared to some others whose stories I've read here, I probably got off lightly, but instead of having shoved £7,000 down the bottomless Debt Management Plughole in 18 months (ouch, that's painful to see how much it is), I could have spent £3,500 on a bloody luxury holiday (which I doubt I would ever do, spend so much on a holiday, but a trip to the U.S. might have been nice) and stashed the other half down my pants to keep in reserve for eventual F&Fs. And all the while I've been obediently shoving them this dosh, I've been buying reduced-to-clear bread and turning down offers to join friends to have Sunday dinner down the pub once a month, and put off having a bloody knackered wisdom tooth out cos I didn't have enough money to pay the dentist!! As Dennis Skinner MP said to Cameron in parliament last month, What a plonker!

I'm extremely glad though that you have all helped me see the light and how ludicrous the situation has been up to now!

Comment

!)

I could have spent £3,500 on a bloody luxury holiday (which I doubt I would ever do, spend so much on a holiday, but a trip to the U.S. might have been nice)
            Pip. If you do get to holiday in the US soon would you keep your eye out for a missing black & white cat called Missey please

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              Pip. If you do get to holiday in the US soon would you keep your eye out for a missing black & white cat called Missey please
              No, that cat went missing in Australia! I've been there once, but wouldn't hurry back. You go all that way, and once you get there you think: Why did I bother? The koalas and kangaroos were interesting though!

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                You're as bad as that bloke in her office. its MISSY
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                  You're as bad as that bloke in her office. its MISSY
                  Does that really matter now that she's probably been gobbled up by a crocodile

Comment

And all the while I've been obediently shoving them this dosh, I've been buying reduced-to-clear bread and turning down offers to join friends to have Sunday dinner down the pub once a month, and put off having a bloody knackered wisdom tooth out cos I didn't have enough money to pay the dentist!! As Dennis Skinner MP said to Cameron in parliament last month, What a plonker!

I'm extremely glad though that you have all helped me see the light and how ludicrous the situation has been up to now!
                    Get the tooth sorted first,
                    then go to the pub
                    It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello PlanB!
                      I just came across that bloke's website the other day, and the one about "Could you design me a poster for my lost cat?" had me laughing more than I've done for a very long time!
                      (Link to "Missing Missy" -- poster for a lost cat)

I've only read about four of them so there are a lot more to look forward to reading!
                      I still haven't given up hope

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
                        I still haven't given up hope
                        Your finger-crossing and hoping has worked though -- she's turned up here on the site in the form of a new user with that name!

Comment

Working...
                        X