GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed As Soon As Possible Please? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed As Soon As Possible Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed As Soon As Possible Please?

Originally posted by Needhelp
    Thank you.

I did actually read it, and at first didn't see the Council Tax heading but scrolled down after I had posted.

Need I do anything, do I need to contact them or anything like that?

Sorry, if that's already been answered somewhere else.
    Hiya

You would contact the court (as in my first post) and tell them it is SB'd and any liability order should be quashed.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you

I'll do that.

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by never-in-doubt
      Thank you.

I did actually read it, and at first didn't see the Council Tax heading but scrolled down after I had posted.

Need I do anything, do I need to contact them or anything like that?

Sorry, if that's already been answered somewhere else.
      Hiya

You would contact the court (as in my first post) and tell them it is SB'd and any liability order should be quashed.....

Comment

Let us know how you get on?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hello Never In Doubt

Thanks.

I did get in touch with them and they insist that Council Tax is not stature barred - I did mention what was said earlier in this thread, but it seemed just to go over their heads!

They're still insisting that the amount is due to be paid and sooner rather than later.

The date that the amount is due for is for 2003.04 apparently.

Thanks,

Comment

who did you speak to -- the court?

Then refer them back to the link I sent you..... quote it to them!

http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/deb ... on_act.php

Comment

The rules regarding Council Tax becoming statute barred seem to be different in Scotland.

See: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/scotl ... tation_act

Council Tax/Community Charge

Arrears of Council Tax and Community Charge can be recovered for up to 20 years. This time limit runs from the date of the final demand, or from the last time that the debt was acknowledged by you (or an agent acting on your behalf). If there was a ‘prolonged and unexplained delay’ in recovery, it may be possible to challenge any new recovery action.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ooomph. Well that's a slap in the face - 20yrs!!!

Thanks for clearing that up. Never knew that, barstewards.....

Comment

Thanks Guys

I've never acknowledged this at all - but I take it from that, that I'd be as well trying to find the money to pay it, rather than have them chase me for the next 14 years or so?

Comment

Thanks Guys

I've never acknowledged this at all - but I take it from that, that I'd be as well trying to find the money to pay it, rather than have them chase me for the next 14 years or so?
                    Hiya

I'd probably be inclined to agree with you, although I would be arguing that you're only prepared to pay 50% if you had an ex with you at the time, surely they can chase and threaten him/her with the other half....?

Worth a go, surely?

Comment

Hi

Well, that would be a good idea, however when he left, he wasn't able to be found - despite tracing agents trying to find him too. Since he left over 9 years ago, no one has been able to find him, and I've been hounded for everything, unfortunately.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi

Well, that would be a good idea, however when he left, he wasn't able to be found - despite tracing agents trying to find him too. Since he left over 9 years ago, no one has been able to find him, and I've been hounded for everything, unfortunately.

Thanks again.
                        But legally, are you liable for his debts? I don't know about that, I am sure it would be for a judge to decide........ ;F-

Comment

Working...
                        X