GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is this right? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is this right?

Originally posted by MustGetStraight
    I know and I'm really dumbfounded. I think she's waved goodbye to £1200 never mind the risks of what it will do to her chances of getting a remortgage in a couple of years.

I'm sure the IFA is breaching his own code of conduct somewhere by recommending this sort of thing. Might ask a friendly IFA. Worryingly, he doesn't seem to understand UE or its implications, and can't see that this firm is making false promises. How many other clients is he recommending this to?

Is there a smilie for AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHHHHHHHHH? Maybe this one:
    Hmmm, I think something is wrong - but moreso wrong with your mate to trust an IFA cos he's a long time friend..... look what happened to the Americans that trusted that fraudster......
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I agree! It's very, very odd. Surely must be against an IFA's Code of Conduct somewhere...
      Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
      SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

I agree! It's very, very odd. Surely must be against an IFA's Code of Conduct somewhere...
        Indeed it is...... ;Spank
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by never-in-doubt
          Indeed it is...... ;Spank
          I don't s'pose you know the specific, do you?
          Niddified and proud!

Comment

doesn't matter to be fair, just forget it and don't offer to help when she falls flat on her face. I say let her learn the hard way.....

Comment

You're right, it's tough though.

Quite worrying though that, presumably, he's also recommending this to his other clients. I don't know what his name or company name is, but she might mention it - although the subject is now definitely being avoided at the moment lol.

Thanks Nid!
              Niddified and proud!

Comment

I know what you're saying but sometimes you need to sit back and let someone fail, in order to get them to listen and smell the coffee - as such. I don't mean it offensively, but you have tried so wait til it fails then she moans, then you'll be able to stop him doing it to other people - in the meantime lets hope he doesn't ruin the lives / finances of several other "trusting" people! Personally, she needs to name and shame him so we can report it - so long as he is not suggesting she goes to them in a professional manner he's ok, cos its like a mate saying "I went to this health spa" - sort of thing. However, if he is on commission (even cash in hand) or indeed he is in financial difficulty and defaulted then he'll no longer be an IFA cos you can't preach what you don't practice. Part of the old rules meant you had to be 100% solvent at all times - doubt it's changed much - would you take financial advice from a bankrupt, for example?

Comment

Working...
                X