X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!

Ok, thank you
    Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Don't send anything yet. I'll pop in tomorrow and have a chat with you if you're about....

Just sit tight for a few hours...

Comment

In the meantime please list each debt you have and provide the following info - thanks.

---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by embrace1204 View Post
        Yes I've read it all before I initially posted.

The loan was taken out in 2002, it was passed to the DCA in 2005. I also stated in my initial posting it's a HSBC loan debt.
        But that's not enough. Please provide the info as detailed here: allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First!

For EACH debt. Then we'll sort this for you for each debt so you know where you stand!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Loan
            Feb 2002
          • Balance remaining £7500
          • Last FULL payment June 2005, been on DMP, paid regularly since 2005
            DCA - CL Finance
          • F&F sent, rejected with counteroffer of £6600
          • Sent letter reminding them of circumstances
          • Phone call received from CL Finance saying they wanted £6400 and that they own the debt and there is no CCA as far as they know - advised me to request from HSBC!!!
          • Credit card
          • May 2001 (may be older)
          • Balance remaining £8500
          • Last FULL payment June 2005
          • On a DMP with CCCS
            Lender is writing to me - Co-operative Bank
          • F&F sent, still being considered.
          Is that enough info?

Comment

Perfect! So you only have two debts on your dmp?

Hold fire, I'll pop back in morning as just away out (to pub)! I'll be here at 5am so will reply with some info etc quite early. Are you happy to cease all payments and go with the flow here? If so, and if these are your only two debts, go ahead and cancel the dmp and tell them you're looking into unenforceability.

They'll understand and let you cancel, if any come back as enforceable then you just set up another. However you'll certainly not be paying f&f if you follow my advice. Sod that, it's a last resort which for a £7k debt would cost you no more than £2k tops. However forget this for now; we need to establish the legality of their paperwork so bear with me till morning

Comment

I have 2 other v low amount debts who have both accepted F&F's so am happy with that. I'll be moving soon so need to try and keep credit as intact as possible (well certainly no worse for a few months) to ensure I pass letting agency searches (which I do atm). I hope to hear from the Co-op this week about their F&F. CL Finance are notoriuos for being arses apparently!
              Perfect! So you only have two debts on your dmp?

Hold fire, I'll pop back in morning as just away out (to pub)! I'll be here at 5am so will reply with some info etc quite early. Are you happy to cease all payments and go with the flow here? If so, and if these are your only two debts, go ahead and cancel the dmp and tell them you're looking into unenforceability.

They'll understand and let you cancel, if any come back as enforceable then you just set up another. However you'll certainly not be paying f&f if you follow my advice. Sod that, it's a last resort which for a £7k debt would cost you no more than £2k tops. However forget this for now; we need to establish the legality of their paperwork so bear with me till morning

Comment

Want to tell us about the other debts? Thing is they may be unlawful; we could reclaim thus cancelling the balances without f&f etc etc

Thus we ask for all debts. Cherry picking accounts doesn't help when seeking ue help as it affects the advice given. Up to you, but regards the f&f - put on hold temporarily. Please therefore advise all your accounts and then I'll ask you things about each; resulting in a huge saving. We just seen a £10k debt dropped to £2k (f&f) and others in the same fashion.

Trust me, i know what I'm doing here

Comment

Jesus christ! Really?

Ok here are the other 2;

Catalogue - Great universal
                  £280
                  Last full payment May 2005 - DMP with CCCS since
                  With NDR

Loan
                  £1850
                  Last FULL payment May 2005
                  Refinanced to 0% loan in November 2005 with CCCS
                  Up to date
                  With Lender - HFC

Want to tell us about the other debts? Thing is they may be unlawful; we could reclaim thus cancelling the balances without f&f etc etc

Thus we ask for all debts. Cherry picking accounts doesn't help when seeking ue help as it affects the advice given. Up to you, but regards the f&f - put on hold temporarily. Please therefore advise all your accounts and then I'll ask you things about each; resulting in a huge saving. We just seen a £10k debt dropped to £2k (f&f) and others in the same fashion.

Trust me, i know what I'm doing here
                  Last edited by embrace1204; 26 June 2011, 13:20.

Comment

Both these will be unenforceable I guarantee you.

GUS - as with all shop direct; think about it? You order goods and get a catalogue etc then 6 weeks later they send an A5 agreement. Most people ignored/binned it. You need to send a cca request in and ignore all correspondence/replies regards f&f for the time being. you'll not be paying this - that's almost guaranteed!

HFC - likewise, can you request a cca and ignore any past remarks about your f&f - this needs to go on hold for now as HFC agreements are sketchy at best.

So, instead of me coming back in morning - if I was you, cancel your dmp. Request a cca from all creditors that you've not already done one for. Those that you have and have had a reply, click the link in my siggy and email me them to check.

However in the meantime save your dmp funds to go toward any possible offers in the future - but right now stop all payments.

Final question; are you defaulted on 4 accounts with the cra's? If not, what do they show?

Thanks.

Comment

Defaulted with CL Finance - they keep it in a 6 month default status!!
                      Defaulted with co-op - they reapply it every year

The other 2 applied defaults at the beginning but they're now off.

Comment

With Regards to letting agents- You can get preapproved with them if your worried about that... but to be honest with you I don't think you will have much of an issue

Comment

Do they tend to just look for CCJ's and BR then?
                          Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                          With Regards to letting agents- You can get preapproved with them if your worried about that... but to be honest with you I don't think you will have much of an issue

Comment

I have 3 replies to my 4 requests. Not one of them is a valid CCA. Will scan in shortly.

Comment

emailed Niddy letters received. One was printed off in 2010 and I had that account since 2001 and it's been with debt collectors since 2005!!!

Comment

I'll check in morning

Comment

Working...
                                X