GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Rockwell DCA CCA request and recieved - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rockwell DCA CCA request and recieved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rockwell DCA CCA request and recieved

Pictures sent to you niddy.

hope they are ok, as noted in mail no terms and conditions supplied or covering letter. have had no default letter sent from Lloyds finance, or letter saying it had been sold on.

also states the client is : tessera who is infact rockwell and is part of the tessera group. so looks like the debt was sold onto rockwell ?

Comment

Originally posted by caspar View Post
      Hi Treepiary,

Firstly a huge welcome to AAD. You have undoubtedly come to the right place for help.

Oh how I can empathise with your situation. I threw away letters at one stage as I simply couldn't face opening them. Not surprisingly because of this I, like you, lost track of what was originally owed to whom.

It is actually fairly simply sorted. Get your Credit Reference Files. Start with the ones you can get a free 30 day trial for on the internet (it's either Equifax or Experian) but don't forget to cancel your subscription. This one may tell you everything you need to know to track things back. If not it will be recorded with one of the others.

Once you know who the original creditor was it will be much easier to try to help you find a way forward.

As for what you've been told re burden of proof, borrowing money to pay things off etc.... totally ignore the comments. The DCA's do this intentionally to provoke the reaction they have in you. Don't give them the satisfaction. Debt is not a crime! DCA's very very rarely have any power to do anything!

So don't worry, take a bit of time to get yourself together and get your head round what I've said here, then get that credit report and start finding who you really owe the money to.

Oh yes, and by the way....... well done for facing up to things. Believe me, I know how hard this can be, so a sincere, heartfelt well done you!
      do not get paid until mid week, so shall get my £2 sent to them for paper version.

i am also going to Hit DLC with another CCA request, also send a telephone harassment letter.
      plus also state they have already failed to provide me with a CCA request so debt is in dispute and they should not be contacting me asking for payments.

is this correct ?

Comment

Have started to collect all letters sent to me, but am unsure how i should file them, my usual filing method was a rubbish bin, i now know this was stupid.

today is the 27th, have not received a call yet, normally they phone around 08:30am / 11:30am /14:30pm. i am expecting the nasty old hag to call and give the usual threats and you owe this debt pay it !!

have set aside moneys to gain my experian credit details. and ready to hit them with the litigation letter.should i also send a second CCA request and get the account placed into dispute again. it took them over 4 months to send the first CCA.

maybe a second request will take as long, and i can then hit them with failure to supply to the CCA act 1974 ?

have started a dairy and will keep it upto date as much as i can

Comment

When the nasty old hag phones say, "Hang on a minute, I'll just get my paperwork" - then leave the phone on the side and she can continue the conversation with herself.

Comment

Originally posted by midastouch View Post
            When the nasty old hag phones say, "Hang on a minute, I'll just get my paperwork" - then leave the phone on the side and she can continue the conversation with herself.
            if i miss a payment ( being on jsa means a year with a provider, and an easy sanction of jsa), i always get the old hag. i know it is her as soon as she starts to talk, her voice is etched into my mind.

if it is a account review tends to be a nice chap, but able to talk you into accepting what he says is truth. the usual i can see your struggling but " lies , lies, some truth, lies ", this ends after a 10/20m call when i am frustrated at what i have been told and just want them off the line.

Comment

Hi Treepiary.

Sorry didn't catch you on your welcoming thread. But welcome to AAD. You have already seen that you are in the right place to get the help you need.

Firstly from your first post, don't talk to thes idiots on the phone. Don't go through any security questions, just tell them everything in writing only and PUT THE PHONE DOWN. Log the time and date of the call,who from etc. Keep a log.

Secondly from your first post it is THEY who have broken the law by suggesting to you that you use a credit card to pay this off. That is NOT allowed.

When you get any form of letter, mark it with the date you received it along with the envelope, yes keep the envelope as well. If this gets any further down the line it might just be crucial that you have these. Keep records of everything from now on.

My phone log stretches to 800 calls plus, all threats and nastiness and believe me its just bullying tactics. A Debt Collection Agency unless it can prove it owns the debt in Absolute has no legal powers or authority in Law whatsoever. NONE! It cannot on its own take you to court as such. DCAs tell lies, its their business to tell you lies.

As regards "doorstep collectors". They cannot come uninvited, and you don't have to invite them. If they do its the Tort of Trespass and you can claim financial redress. These jokers in law have less rights than your postman and no I am not joking. Its a fact.

So as Niddy says calm down, sleep a little sounder tonight, reasure your family. Niddy and the rest of us just have to digest what you have said and a plan will be formulated to sort this out for you.

take care
              regards
              Garlok
              Last edited by garlok; 27 June 2011, 13:23.

Comment

Hear, hear! Garlok is absolutely right. I've literally just been reading the law around this for a website I'm putting together, so rest assured, he is totally correct in what he says. They are impotent unless they can prove an Absolute Assignment.

Comment

Hiya

Ok please don't send anything off other than what I advised. No cca's or anything.

You need to get your experian & equifax credit files first. Then list your debts.

We'll then advise what to do. If you get any phone calls etc just hang up without saying anything, as soon as they identify who they are. When you get your credit files we'll then take time out and sort things.

In the meantime send the template as advised on previous page. That's it.

Cheers
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have not slept properly since this has all been going on, but thank you everyone for your support and understanding.

becoming an emu and putting your head in the sand only works for so long, so i have removed the sandpit and now facing my problems head on.

if i end up paying i do not mind, i got myself into this mess and only myself can sort the problems out, with a little help from AAF

thank you all again, you are truely a great online comunity standing by each other.

will do niddy, litigation letter will be sent on wed when my pay comes. will keep my dairy updated with calls and letters recieved

Last edited by Treepiary; 27 June 2011, 13:59.

Comment

Just as a thought, where do they store all these doorsteps they collect?

l;l

regards
                      Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                        Just as a thought, where do they store all these doorsteps they collect?

l;l

regards
                        Garlok
                        You wazzock - that's terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by Treepiary View Post
                          if i miss a payment ( being on jsa means a year with a provider, and an easy sanction of jsa), i always get the old hag. i know it is her as soon as she starts to talk, her voice is etched into my mind.

if it is a account review tends to be a nice chap, but able to talk you into accepting what he says is truth. the usual i can see your struggling but " lies , lies, some truth, lies ", this ends after a 10/20m call when i am frustrated at what i have been told and just want them off the line.

You can't get sanctioned for not paying a Credit debt
                          if you did I'd be sanctioned all the time
                          It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                            You can't get sanctioned for not paying a Credit debt
                            if you did I'd be sanctioned all the time
                            providers are those course they send you on, they sent me on one and provider gave me an appointment. sent the letter out on a friday second class on a bank holiday weekend.
                            post man delivered said letter on the tuesday at 11:30 am with appointment time for 9:30am same day. they sanctioned me when i could not make it into the appointment because of their mistake.

took me 4 months to get the sanction appealed, and the moneys owed paid back to meby that time i was already £20 behind paying DCA

Comment

Ah now I understand, what you meant.
                              (aren't them courses fun......not)
                              I thought you meant the DCA could get you sanctioned

While you're on JSA you should only be paying £1 token payments, to creditors anyway

Is it just the Rockwell debt you're sending Niddy's letter?
                              It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Numpty Monkey View Post
                                Ah now I understand, what you meant.
                                (aren't them courses fun......not)
                                I thought you meant the DCA could get you sanctioned

While you're on JSA you should only be paying £1 token payments, to creditors anyway

Is it just the Rockwell debt you're sending Niddy's letter?
                                yes but i am going to send a CCA request to DLC, as i have a letter from them stating i pay £10 a month or if i pay 25% of the £1,436 "WE will write of the remaining balance" this letter has been kept and put somewhere safe.

client is hillesden or otherwise known as DLC.

Comment

Working...
                                X