GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Aktiv Kapital - Success - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aktiv Kapital - Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul.
    replied
    Re: Aktiv Kapital - Success

Great result BUT keep that letter safe incase you do have any further contact with any other DCAs over this.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Well done

Leave a comment:

• swanfan
    replied

Awesome news, well done.

Leave a comment:

• Riz
    replied
    Re: Aktiv Kapital

Excellent.

Leave a comment:

• ceejaydee30
    replied

YEHA! My other half applied to equifax too, and low and behold practically exactly the same info on there!

We sent the unenforceability letter, and received a reply today!

"Having reviewed the copy of the Credit agreement that we provided you, we can confirm that the Agreement is unenforceable and as such the decision has been taken to cease all collections activity and close our file" You should hear no further from Aktiv Kapital regarding this matter. !!!!!

RESULT! Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• ceejaydee30
    replied

yes we know the original defaults would have dropped off already! but no only checked experian.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Could the original defaults have dropped off already; ie over 6 years old??

Have you checked BOTH experian & equifax CRA's? If not you need to!

Leave a comment:

• ceejaydee30
    replied

We have now seen n checked other halves Credit Report, and guess what neither the debt with Aktiv Kapital nor the one he is paying to SRJ DCA actually appears on the file! surely even if your paying a DCA it should appear on there? There is another one from Orange Mobile Network, which he hasnt been chased for a long time over and that falls off the report August this year

I'm now wondering if the original defaults, and the payments being made arent registering on the credit file, then we could in theory stop payments with SRJ too, sending them a letter?
    Last edited by ceejaydee30; 2 June 2011, 07:05.

Leave a comment:

• ceejaydee30
    replied

In theory he should know, But being male and 18/19 at the time (nearly 10 years ago now) a few details have been lost along the way. He thinks it was 2002 he last paid anything to the CC company in question, and first payment to Aktiv was Dec 2006, Basically i was the one that got him to give in cos i was getting fed up of the phonecalls at my home before we were living together! And I wanted him to sort his "debts" out. It was Tham Credit to begin with, and payments had all been agreed over the phone, so there is no SIGNED agreement with them :/

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by ceejaydee30 View Post
    Do you mean the ORIGINAL Credit Card, Or the date the first Payment to them(Aktiv) was made?

I would probably need to get a copy of the other halfs credit report, he tried doing it online, but he messed up and it wont let him look at the account, and he isnt too good with things over the phone.
    Get a paper one for £2 - read this: ---> #2

I mean both, so the original date of opening, the date last paid to the card company, the date it was sold/defaulted and any payments made to the dca - basically so I get an idea of whats happened....

More to the point, the credit file won't help much as its info the other half should already know....

Leave a comment:

• ceejaydee30
    replied

Do you mean the ORIGINAL Credit Card, Or the date the first Payment to them(Aktiv) was made?

I would probably need to get a copy of the other halfs credit report, he tried doing it online, but he messed up and it wont let him look at the account, and he isnt too good with things over the phone.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    I presume it's already defaulted? In any case just don't pay anything and send that template.

Update this thread when they respond, don't worry!

Can you confirm when it was opened; the balance, date last paid and the status of the account? Is it defaulted/in arrears/up to date....

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I presume it's already defaulted? In any case just don't pay anything and send that template.

Update this thread when they respond, don't worry!

Can you confirm when it was opened; the balance, date last paid and the status of the account? Is it defaulted/in arrears/up to date....

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ceejaydee30
    replied

We hadnt thought it was something worthy.

Thing is where do we stand cos we had been paying them, until THEY decided to up our payment, then after reading up on different things on another website we realised He had been part of a fishing trip and we were hooked good n proper. Knowing what we know now The original debt would have been almost Statute Barred too!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

This is unenforceable. There are no prescribed terms.

Respond with this and obviously don't speak to them or pay anything:---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...9&postcount=10

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I edited your post as you tried to add links to an image tag. If you read my post in the link above you can load images on this site which is easier. Please ensure there is nothing personal on view as this is a public forum!

I'll check out the uploads later....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X