GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice required - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice required

Thanks

roughly how much will recoded delivery be. I have about 10 accounts I will be sending for CCA on.

Originally posted by Spud View Post
    Postal Orders from the Post Office as you say. A £1 postal order will cost you £1.50 which is steep I know but it may be the best £1.50 you have ever spent !!!!!

I usually leave the payee blank but have the order "Crossed" so that in the event of its loss or misuse it can only be paid into a bank. You can obviously fill in the payee by hand if you wanted to, Such as Natwest Bank or Barclays Bank etc

Ammend the template letter with your account number/address etc and then ideally use a different "Swirly" font for your signature with your name printed below.

Send recorded delivery and keep your receipt

Comment

Re: Advice required

£1.64 2nd class or £1.73 1st class for proof of delivery. A cheaper option is to get proof of posting which is the same as the stamp, this way you can show posting, and this gives a presumption of delivery so if no response within 12+2 days then they are in default of legal requirement..
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X