GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Possible LBA after Lowell close account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible LBA after Lowell close account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Possible LBA after Lowell close account

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Ah ha!

Don't tell Bryan Carter or Lowells that yet

Have you any idea when your daughter was last issued with a Default Notice? This may/may not be relevant but it'll be good for us to know all the same.

Plan B x
    I will have a check through her paperwork tomorrow and let you know

Comment

Originally posted by Bugsy View Post
      the last payment made to this account was in August 2009 by the DMP that she was in at the time
      What exact date in August 2009?

Can you confirm if that payment date was from your daughter to the DMP people, or was it from the DMP to the creditor on her behalf which may have been up to two weeks' later?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        What exact date in August 2009?

Can you confirm if that payment date was from your daughter to the DMP people, or was it from the DMP to the creditor on her behalf which may have been up to two weeks' later?

Plan B x
        The last payment from the DMP to Lloyds was 5th August 2009. However she doesn't have the default notice from Lloyds at least I couldn't find it in her records today. I'm now wondering if Lloyds actually defaulted her before she went on the DMP or if they just kept the account alive with an arranged payment and didn't default her until after the DMP stopped in 2009. The default on her credit file is marked as Dec 2009. I know this is not the same as a section 87 default but would they only inform the credit reference agency after serving a section 87 default? If that is the case this may not be SB until December at the earliest whereas if they defaulted before the implementation of her DMP then SB would run from her last payment I think.

Comment

my daughter has now received a "letter of claim" from Brian which clearly states that a claim will be issued if not paid in full by the 7th October.
          Has your daughter heard anything further from Bryan Carter since she replied to his LBA?

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Plan B

Just a letter from Lowell acknowledging her " complaint' and suggesting that their investigation may not stop legal action.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. My daughter has now received a reply from Brian which says that he is passing the account back to his client due to them being unable to satisfy her CCA request.

Many thanks to Jo and Niddy for all their help.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. My daughter has now received a reply from Brian which says that he is passing the account back to his client due to them being unable to satisfy her CCA request.

Great news ....just before xmas too...
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My daughter has now received a reply from Brian which says that he is passing the account back to his client due to them being unable to satisfy her CCA request.
                  Excellent news

The wisest thing your daughter did was to send a reply in response to Brian Carter's Letter Before Action.

If she'd ignored it I'm pretty certain she would have been on the receiving end of a county court summons and all the misery that entails, quite possibly only days/weeks before the debt was due to become SB which she would not have been able to plead (use as a Defence) since the summons would be the cause of action and the SB clock would have stopped at that point in time.

It now looks like the creditor has missed the boat. What good timing

Plan B x

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                    X