GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fredricksons LBA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fredricksons LBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bryan Carter/Lowell Threatening Court Action

No worries mate, whatever you thinks best.

Cheers

Comment

Re: Fredricksons LBA

This thread has been separated from the one it was mixed into. Sloth's thread is located --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...g-Court-Action
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok regards the latest letter can you confirm have Bryan Carter been in touch as yet? If not stay quiet but let us know as soon as BC send their introduction threat
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Ok regards the latest letter can you confirm have Bryan Carter been in touch as yet? If not stay quiet but let us know as soon as BC send their introduction threat
          Hi N,I.D

I can confirm that as yet i've had no more contact from Bryan Carter. I'll see how things pan out and get comer back when/if they do!

Many Thanks

Comment

Hi

Back again! I knew it was to good to be true and another letter relating to this debt arrived today.

This time Lowell's have bypassed Bryan Carter and instead i have a new company called BPO Collections tapping me up instead.

I've never heard of this new company which is a little unsettling so i'd like to ask your good selves for your opinions please?

Any advice is always welcomed

Many thanks!
            Last edited by skanker; 7 April 2015, 10:11.

Comment

Just a friendly bump......

Im presuming this is simply another pressure tactic but would appreciate any info you may have regarding BPO and how they operate?

Thanks

Comment

Others may have a different view but have you received your original agreement yet, wasn't clear in the thread.

If not send a CCA request for them to comply with. Not heard of BPO, think that's one I've not had the dubious pleasure of.

Comment

Hi mate

Thanks for chiming in. I sent the letter off and got something back which certainly does not look like an official agreement.
                  I received a photo copied transcript with my name and address in the top left corner and O2 company details in the top right. A couple of reference codes the date and my balance at the end on a separett sheet.

All in very very suspicious and to me it looks doctored.

I'll also quote what they said in the letter that came with this.

Quote:
                  "We confirm That Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP were only instructed to send a letter before claim and we remain instructed in this matter. We confirm no proceedings have yet been instigated. we believe our client has complied with the Pre-Action Protocol so far as it applies to this matter.

Please note if you require a copy of the original agreement this can be obtained from the store you took the contract out"

Comment

Originally posted by skanker View Post
                    another letter relating to this debt arrived today.

This time Lowell's have bypassed Bryan Carter and instead i have a new company called BPO Collections tapping me up instead.

I've never heard of this new company which is a little unsettling so i'd like to ask your good selves for your opinions please?

Just a friendly bump......

I'm sorry, your original post got overlooked a couple of weeks ago. Feel free to nag us sooner if that happens again.

I'm not familiar with BPO but that's not a surprise since there are over 400 debt collectors registered with the Credit Services Association. I'm not seeing any bad things said about them elsewhere on the internet so let's see how they perform.

Unless there was a threat of legal action in that first introductory letter from them I don't feel you need to do anything, but do post up each time they write in case that changes.

The fact that Lowells have taken it away from Bryan Carter can only be a good thing since he does tend to litigate first and ask questions later. Seems like you had a narrow escape

Plan B x

Comment

BPO are a Scottish firm I believe?
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

"We confirm That Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP were only instructed to send a letter before claim and we remain instructed in this matter. We confirm no proceedings have yet been instigated. we believe our client has complied with the Pre-Action Protocol so far as it applies to this matter
                        I've just re-read that quote from Lowells letter. Does it actually say that Bryan Carter will remain instructed not we remain instructed? And did you receive a LBA from BC which remains unanswered by you?

If they've already sent a LBA then they can issue proceedings if they want since they rightly say they have complied with Pre-Action Protocol.

Although this doesn't explain why they've passed it to a new DCA in preference to issuing a summons.

Comment

H Mate

I typed it out as it is exactly written in the letter so i presume your first thoughts are correct and they've passed it on to BPO instead to see how they fair.

Just looked through my paperwork tho and i can see i have a letter from Fredrickson International dated May 2014 with a header "Letter Before Action"

whats your thoughts?

Comment

I may be misunderstanding your posts.

1. You've had a letter from Bryan Carter (not Lowells) which says that BPO will be collecting this debt from now on.

2. BC say they were instructed to send you a LBA which you say you've not received (only one from Freds in May 2014).

3. BC say that they remain instructed and have complied with Pre-Action Protocol on LBAs even though you say you've never received one from them.

4. You've not had an introductory letter from BPO.

Have I now got that right?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              I may be misunderstanding your posts.

1. You've had a letter from Bryan Carter (not Lowells) which says that BPO will be collecting this debt from now on.

No, The letter that arrived this week is from Lowell informing me that my account has now been sent to BPO who in a second letter from themselves confirm they have been asked by Lowells to recover the debt

2. BC say they were instructed to send you a LBA which you say you've not received (only one from Freds in May 2014).

Lowell had got Fredrickson to chase me up who then got Bryan Carter to contact me so i sent a letter to Fredrickson asking for a statement of account. I've had no contact from Bryan Carter since then.
                              The only LBA letter i have is from Fredrickson tho i have to admit i cant find the letter i had from Bryan Carter as it seems to have vanished sadly

3. BC say that they remain instructed and have complied with Pre-Action Protocol on LBAs even though you say you've never received one from them.

I've had no contact fro Bryan Carter since i sent the letter to Fredrickson and it is them who remain instructed in the matter. It is also Fredrickson who state "we believe our client (Lowell) has complied with the pre-action protocol so far as it applies to this matter"

4. You've not had an introductory letter from BPO.

I received what i believe to be an introductory letter this week informing me they have been instructed by Lowell to chase the debt

Have I now got that right?
                              I hope thats made more sense mate?
                              I have paperwork from the last year in front of me and im still confused!

Comment

I hope thats made more sense mate?
                                I have paperwork from the last year in front of me and im still confused!
                                Hiya, sorry for not looking in sooner. Send a new CCA Request to whoever is chasing you now, so if that is BPO then send it to BPO.

Queries? Post here, we'll help

Register for templates here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-New-Templates

Login then click this to access the template --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request

Comment

Working...
                                X