GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cap 1 sold to Lowell - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cap 1 sold to Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cap 1 sold to Lowell

Thanks Niddy. Have just sent to you.

Comment

that's strange, mine was in big felt pen with a lifted signature haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, they have now passed to their debt collection agency unless I pay before 1.1.2015, for the grand total of £424

Told them, it's in dispute, have you the original if I remember Freds would not touch it, 1st Cred and other low life, they say it's enforceable Niddy say's no, That's good enough for me, with all the money niddy has saved me the site is getting it each month, up to £15 a month now keep going boys.

Comment

Originally posted by cadwallader View Post
        Thanks Niddy. Have just sent to you.
        Hiya

That's really crappy but what they have sent is in fact enforceable; well almost so - depending on what you recall receiving at account inception because the signed application that you were sent is genuine, all they'd then need to do is match the terms and they have done that with the version v #6 terms. They then add the terms after the charges changed version v #14 and a set of current terms at the end.

In essence mate, it's checkmate - shitty I know but as things stand they would likely win in court UNLESS you can remember the facts when you originally took the card out; ie how did you apply (online / phone / application flyer etc)....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy. Not good news but there you go.

How does the way I applied for the card affect the potential enforceability?

Comment

Lowell have recommenced chase letters with the threat of possible further action.

This becomes statute barred in April so what is my best course of action?

Thanks.

C

Comment

Lowell have recommenced chase letters with the threat of possible further action.

This becomes statute barred in April so what is my best course of action?

Thanks.

C
              Hiya - can you post the exact wording of the letter they sent you (removing personal info)? Would be helpful to know if its a standard threat-o-gram.

TBH as you're so close to getting to SB you're better seeing if you can blag this out
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I would be sending off a missing PTs letter here http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...escribed-terms you just need to keep them at arms ;ength for another couple of months

Comment

Thanks MrsD. I will give it a couple of days then send. Delay as much as is safe!

Comment

Can you be more specific about your latest letter from Lowells.

Either post it up on the site with your details redacted or email me a copy of it using planb@all-about-debt.co.uk

Lowells issue county court summons at the drop of a hat so it makes sense to assess whether you have been sent a formal Letter before Action with a deadline to comply or else.

Comment

Hi PlanB

e-mail sent. Thanks.

Comment

Apologies SaltnVinegar, I somehow missed your earlier post.

Here is the text of the letter:

We regret to note that despite previous correspondence regarding your account, we have not received payment or a valid reason for non-payment

Failure to respond to this notice may result in further action been taken to recover the monies owed by you.

We urge you to call one of our advisors to prevent action being taken, please call:

0844 844 4716

Comment

Hi PlanB e-mail sent. Thanks.
                          That was quick

At first sight it's not a formal LBA. But nevertheless it shouldn't be ignored.

I'd go with MrsD's suggestion of a MPT letter as a holding position. She was right first time but there's no harm in getting a second opinion knowing that Lowells can be trigger happy with court claims

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                          I would be sending off a missing PTs letter here http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...escribed-terms you just need to keep them at arms ;ength for another couple of months

Comment

Thanks. Will do.

Comment

I have the exact same verbatim letter as you, although I'm several months behind you regarding SB - end Sept. Just a thought! do you have a compliant Default Notice from Cap One? I'm not sure if this is relevant any more but my DN gives me 28 days but does not specify a date (I can't say they did not provide me with enough time) but I thought they had to specify an exact date on the DN. I assume if it came to it a judge would ignore this!

My approach will probably be missing PT's and miniscule print.
                              Good luck!

Comment

Hi Rockwell

Yes, looks like I had the same default notice as you. 28 days but not a specific date to rectify by. From what I have read over the years I don't think this is any longer an issue re enforceability.

Good luck to you too.

Comment

Working...
                                X