GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital one - Robinson way Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital one - Robinson way Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Capital one - Robinson way Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Its up to you, carry on ignoring them or send that letter from above!
    Thanks Niddy.

I answered the phone today to them and said that why are they phoning this number as I have never heard of this person!!

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
      Thanks Niddy.

I answered the phone today to them and said that why are they phoning this number as I have never heard of this person!!
      Nice one - well done
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Received this one from them today!!
        Now it says defaulted in 2008 yet the default on my credit file is 2006.
        I last sent a payment Feb 2007 via CCS.
        Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to ask, do I just ignore it still?

Comment

Hi Sam,
            See what Niddy says, but I would think that you can safely ignore that..it's just a Notice of Arrears - a document they have, by law, to send you every 6 months. (If they fail to do so they can't enforce the debt or claim any interest due for the period that they don't comply)

kind regards,
            Shepherdess x

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
              Hi Sam,
              See what Niddy says, but I would think that you can safely ignore that..it's just a Notice of Arrears - a document they have, by law, to send you every 6 months. (If they fail to do so they can't enforce the debt or claim any interest due for the period that they don't comply)

kind regards,
              Shepherdess x
              Exactly, I agree with you - its just the statement and can be ignored.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

I got the letter below today from IND threatening legal action.
                Now i've done a CCA on this Capital account in 2008 and they sent no CCA only statements!
                What do I do write to these people and tell them I know nothing of this debt and that I've asked for a CCA before and not been supplied one????
                Attached Files
                Last edited by sam; 8 January 2012, 16:34.

Comment

Hi,

I got the letter below today from IND threatening legal action.
                  Now i've done a CCA on this Capital account in 2008 and they sent no CCA only statements!
                  What do I do write to these people and tell them I know nothing of this debt and that I've asked for a CCA before and not been supplied one????
                  I,ve deleted your letter because you had all youe personal info on ..please deleat your name & address and re do......
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

send them this > Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                      I've deleted your letter because you had all your personal info on ..please delete your name & address and re do......
                      You can do this easily by loading the document into windows paint and then use the rubber to rub out personal info.

Save to a folder of your choice then upload here.

Regards

Comment

I,ve deleted your letter because you had all youe personal info on ..please deleat your name & address and re do......
                        Thanks for the delete..

Comment

Will this not start the SB clock ticking?

Comment

Will this not start the SB clock ticking?
                            Not at all! Send that, it's fine.... ONLY acknowledging the debt and/or paying into it will reset statute barred.....

Our templates and that one in particular does not mention "my account" or "my debt" does it? You're simply telling them that the account is in dispute and if they take action you'll consider suing them and/or defending their claim as vexatious......

it's the wording that is king

Comment

Thanks..
                              Will send recorded tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X