GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA CCA Woes - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA CCA Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA CCA Woes

Originally posted by chinawhite View Post
    hiya

letter basiclly says they have complied and CCA is fine, terms and conditions are on the back of agreement and they are satisfied that agreement satisfies all legal requirement. its this bit i wasnt sure about - last bit says "as such, there is no need to seek an enforcement order in order to exercise our rights"

thanks

CW
    Ahh, ignore it.....

The last bit, they are "implying" that they can enforce it without obtaining an order (from the courts?) - however that just means they will be able to hassle the hell out of you!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ok great thanks for gettin back to me so quick - enjoy the rest of your weeend

CW

Comment

hiya

letter basiclly says they have complied and CCA is fine, terms and conditions are on the back of agreement and they are satisfied that agreement satisfies all legal requirement. its this bit i wasnt sure about - last bit says "as such, there is no need to seek an enforcement order in order to exercise our rights"

thanks

CW
        Same as the OHs letter from MBNA 10 days ago, they are always staisified with their agreement, as they sent OH long time ago CCA from them , not bad seeing the alledged agreement was not theirs over the phone but another company they had bought CCA s from, and we have a letter stating that they will have to request from another source, signature on her so called copy can only of been lifted.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
          Same as the OHs letter from MBNA 10 days ago, they are always staisified with their agreement, as they sent OH long time ago CCA from them , not bad seeing the alledged agreement was not theirs over the phone but another company they had bought CCA s from, and we have a letter stating that they will have to request from another source, signature on her so called copy can only of been lifted.
          Bunch of muppets aren't they?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Bunch of muppets aren't they?
            Speaks for itself doesn!t it.?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Nid,

Got the strangest thing in the post today off MBNA. A letter saying here is your requested CCA - now I havnt requested another CCA from them since the original and also ...... its not in my name , its in my ex's name !! The account number is also not one of the ones I have CCA'd them on but an old card that was in his name which he paid off in 2009 !!!! - Also !! its not even a CCA - its an application form with his name and address printed on and none of the other fields filled in !!!!!! no details, signature, nothing !!!!!! -
              Not sure why this has suddenly appeared, any ideas ? wasnt sure if it was just them being idiots as usual or something more sinister ???? (checked with my ex and he hasnt requested any CCA's )

Regards

CW

Comment

sounds like a bit of excessive muppetry Chinawhite, hold on to it until Niddy comes back, don't think its sinister just a typical MBNA cockup!!

Comment

Hi Nid,

Got the strangest thing in the post today off MBNA. A letter saying here is your requested CCA - now I havnt requested another CCA from them since the original and also ...... its not in my name , its in my ex's name !! The account number is also not one of the ones I have CCA'd them on but an old card that was in his name which he paid off in 2009 !!!! - Also !! its not even a CCA - its an application form with his name and address printed on and none of the other fields filled in !!!!!! no details, signature, nothing !!!!!! -
                  Not sure why this has suddenly appeared, any ideas ? wasnt sure if it was just them being idiots as usual or something more sinister ???? (checked with my ex and he hasnt requested any CCA's )

Regards

CW
                  Just ignore them - obviously a mistake unless its not actually your account, in any case they have messed up in respect of Data Protection so just sit tight for the time being, don't do anything and keep us updated - also keep those documents safe, you will use them against them if necessary

Comment

Thanks Nid
                    CW

Comment

Hi Nid, all has been quiet on the MBNA front until yesterday when i received a letter from experto credite saying they had now received a copy of the cca from MBNA and attaching the signed app form with terms and conditions attached on separate sheets. the letter then says that the copy complies with S78 of CCA and that as the dispute is based on my belief thatt the agreement i unenforcable it seems that this matter will only be resolve by legal action. It says they therefore give notice that in the absence of any arrangement in respect of payment in the next 14 days they will refer the matter to their solicitors for legal action to be considered.

Not sure what to do now ??? any help would be appreciated.

CW

Comment

Hi Nid, all has been quiet on the MBNA front until yesterday when i received a letter from experto credite saying they had now received a copy of the cca from MBNA and attaching the signed app form with terms and conditions attached on separate sheets. the letter then says that the copy complies with S78 of CCA and that as the dispute is based on my belief thatt the agreement i unenforcable it seems that this matter will only be resolve by legal action. It says they therefore give notice that in the absence of any arrangement in respect of payment in the next 14 days they will refer the matter to their solicitors for legal action to be considered.

CW
                        Can you email me the documents they sent?

Cheers

Comment

Hi Nid have emailed i think - let me know if its not okay thanks CW

Comment

Hi Nid, did you get the email okay ?? wasnt sure if i had done it right ??

thanks CW

Comment

It's on PowerPoint (why lol ???) so need to check at home. I'll try look tmw for you....

Comment

CW
                                Hiya,

Is this in relation to your mbna card or the one that you say was the exes and paid off? I've read the agreement application they sent and it's still an application, there is no link to the terms either.

I would send this back for now BUT only if it is not your exes card (you mentioned it here: #21 )

Send this: ---> Threat-o-Gram - Letter before Action

Comment

Working...
                                X