GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bryan Carter/Lowell Threatening Court Action - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bryan Carter/Lowell Threatening Court Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bryan Carter/Lowell Threatening Court Action

Originally posted by sloth View Post
    it would appear that the credit agreement is legitimate/enforceable although it dates back from 2004. Due to me stupidly making minimal payments to Lowell's 3 or 4 years ago..
    I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't read back through your thread (I'll do that tomorrow) but are you saying that you think the credit agreement is only enforceable because you made payments recently which may have stopped it being statute barred?

Would that make any difference as to whether your credit agreement may have been improperly executed in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't read back through your thread (I'll do that tomorrow) but are you saying that you think the credit agreement is only enforceable because you made payments recently which may have stopped it being statute barred?

Would that make any difference as to whether your credit agreement may have been improperly executed in the first place?
      Hi PlanB,

I scanned and emailed the original credit agreement that BC sent me to Niddy, who thinks the agreement is legitimate and therefore enforceable unfortunately.

Sloth.

Comment

Someone else should confirm if what I say is correct, but since the data no longer appears on your credit file (im assuming the data was 6 years from default), offering an affordable/acceptable monthly repayment at this stage is probably still possible, and could avoid a CCJ. Plus shouldn't appear on your credit file since its already long gone. It wouldn't affect any mortgage applications either.

If they issue a claim we can deal with that then, but for now, if you feel you should offer something, its worth a shot.

There are plenty im sure who are repaying a debt to Lowell who haven't been issued with a claim.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Skanker's thread is now --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...edricksons-LBA
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi PlanB,

I scanned and emailed the original credit agreement that BC sent me to Niddy, who thinks the agreement is legitimate and therefore enforceable unfortunately.

Sloth.
            Hi, what has happened then since May - I do hope you've not agreed to pay up
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Hi, what has happened then since May - I do hope you've not agreed to pay up
              Hi NID,

Nothing has changed since May really, as you suggested via email I just waited to see what happened... what their next move was!

But my house purchase went through and I moved house in early August, without having heard back from BC or Lowells?!?

Since moving house I've heard nothing either.

What do you suggest I do now?!?

Thanks again for all your help!

Sloth.

Comment

I guess you never told them your new address? Did you purchase a new house or are you renting?

Obviously for now wait and see as you don't have long till it's SB do you?

Comment

I guess you never told them your new address? Did you purchase a new house or are you renting?

Obviously for now wait and see as you don't have long till it's SB do you?
                  HI N.I.D,

I didn't tell them about my change of address since purchasing my new home, should I have done?

I've not heard anything from them regarding the original debt, however I did receive a threat about a supposed debt from ### for £2,250.

I don't even recall this debt, if it is legit then its definitely pre 2005.... How should I proceed? Do I start the ball rolling with the 'prove it' letter or just wait it out?

Thanks for any assistance.... again!

Regards, Sloth.
                  Last edited by sloth; 23 October 2014, 12:17.

Comment

HI N.I.D,

I didn't tell them about my change of address since purchasing my new home, should I have done?

I've not heard anything from them regarding the original debt, however I did receive a threat about a supposed debt from ### for £2,250.

I don't even recall this debt, if it is legit then its definitely pre 2005.... How should I proceed? Do I start the ball rolling with the 'prove it' letter or just wait it out?

Thanks for any assistance.... again!

Regards, Sloth.
                    HI NID,

Sorry for the 'bump,' I realise you're super busy, but some assistance with the above issue would be amazing

How should I proceed?

Thanks again!

Sloth

Comment

Hiya

sorry for the delay. I missed your replies. I'd be sending a prove it letter if you're sure you've not paid in 6+ years. Then send me the reply to see what is next.....

Comment

Hiya

sorry for the delay. I missed your replies. I'd be sending a prove it letter if you're sure you've not paid in 6+ years. Then send me the reply to see what is next.....
                        That's great NID thanks, I do really appreciate all the help!

Sloth

Comment

Working...
                        X