GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with old 1997 Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with old 1997 Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with old 1997 Debt

Only one default should be registered, but these DCA buggers change dates to suit themselves.

Your credit file is worth a look to see if any of the accounts mentioned are still on there and if so, whether defaulted, arrangement etc.

HB

Comment

Ahh so they're probably on about default sums (£12) not a s.87/88 default which is the formal way to terminate the account which correctly, seems to have occurred at the time you initially fell into arrears.....

as as for the defaults, you should have just one for each account so whatever you do keep proof of any credit file which shows the original entry cos if they re-add it we can argue for removal so nothing to worry about just now, at this stage in your journey. I presume you're not paying into these are you, are you?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey NID, And Thank You Happy_Bunny,

Unfortunately, I have been paying them all faithfully since 2004 or earlier/later depending on which account it is lol.

Its only £1 per month off each one, so do I stop paying or continue to pay until they come up with a Signed Credit agrrement (which they wont have as the debts are from years ago 12 to 13 years old some of them).

Regards

Jules xx

Comment

Usually we say stop all payments pending CCA arrival, so if you've sent a s.78 request for each debt then you could cease payments as they're likely to be UE anyway
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey guys,

Ok its not a default, my bad. I got so much going on I am a dizzy witch on times I swear

They pre dated the letters for all of the accounts dating back to 4th October 2013 stating that they have not received payments for any of the accounts (no they didn't actually sent them, and I never received them either the lying swine's).

All I had was letters stating that I can pay these debts off earlier with the vouchers enclosed. Yet as stated in earlier posts, they sent me the financial print outs which proves they lied through their teeth again
            Last payment they received was the 16th Sept 13, then the 23rd Oct 2013, then the 19th Nov 2013? So much for me not sticking to our agreement hey lol.

Now they have cancelled our agreements on all accounts. And that IS a direct result for me requesting the SARS. I guess they know what's coming lol.

They have also received 3 of the 4 CCA requests they had them on the 31st Dec 2013. I tracked and traced and got copies of the signatures from Royal Mail

Also and I am NOT being paranoid here. 2 blokes were sitting outside my house for 2 hours with engine running on the 30th Dec 13. They had paperwork in hand brown envelopes making calls from their Black Volvo 4x4 and taking notes, the car was not registered locally it was on a YF plate thus being from the Yorkshire area, according to the DVLA website its Leeds, Sheffield and Beverley. Then slowly all the other neighbours clocked them and one neighbour went to approach them, they left sharpish and have not returned?

I was watching them from my front window and they were constantly looking at my house and my car then taking notes and on the mobile phone again. I know they cannot take my sons car as it’s via a motobility agreement and we have another 53 months to go on that and it’s not us paying its my 12 year old sons money paying for it lol. So I am not worried there. Plus the debt is in hubby’s name and the car is in my name ;-)
            Anyway that’s the update from me for today.
            I will write more when I hear from anyone relating to all this when the CCA’s come back.
            Hope you all had a fabulous New Year.
            Regards
            Jules xx

Comment

I think your being over paranoid. Im not saying they wernt acting strangly, but i dont believe they had anything to do with your debt issues.

If they were doorstep agents, they would have knocked, they wouldnt care about acting sneaky, or who was watching them.

They can not take any car regardless of if its yours or not. You are a very very long way from having a court balif seize a car. DCA's do NOT have the power to seize your car!

You havent even got a CCJ and broken the terms of the CCJ to even be worried about a thing like that.

I know its easier said than done, but please try not to over worry. Theres no need and all it will cause is some un wanted sleepless nights.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hey SXGuy,

There is a CCJ in force, hubby got it back in March 2010, the court order him to pay £5 per month on a £10,000 unsecured personal loan via Halifax. Cabot took him to court. And he has NEVER missed a payment since, yet I know how these people work, they are nasty lol. Yet will all proceedings (if they were thinking about it) stop as I have asked for a SAR? We have already had an acknowledgement letter stating they will be sending the SAR via a CD. We did not ask for the SAR on the £10,000 account it was for the other Cabot account previously mentioned yet they are sending it anyway for both accounts by the looks of it.

And they were not sneaking about to be honest, they made it known they were nosing about. Hence the reason one of my neighbours tried to approach them and they buggered off just before my neighbour
                got to the car to avoid confrontation I am guessing. He/ my neighbour then came to me and asked me if I knew who they were. I said nope, but they were acting strangely lol. If my neighbour thought so, whom may I say he is like Norris Cole from Coronation Street, he knows and sees all lmao, and not a bad thing I have to say

I'm not worried anyway about the car. the CCJ is in hubby's name not mine and again no payments have been missed.

I think I better start a diary to stop everyone getting mixed up (including myself).

Thank You

Jules xx

Comment

If hes never missed a CCJ payment, then IF they were to turn up, you show them proof of this, and ask them to leave, if they do not, then you ring the police. They have no reason to enforce a writ if payments are being made.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi SXGuy

Thank You for the info.

Jules xx

Comment

Working...
                    X