GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HBOS Preference Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBOS Preference Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HBOS Preference Account

Cheers, I'll check later
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

yes - delivered by courier - found a template sheet to put over agreement when signing - see my post number 12 on this thread. It says on the guide sheet (template for signatures) " do not ask the COURIER" any questions......."

thanks
      Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      It's fine, what you said in your message suits me fine

Can you clarify, step by step, what you recall of this and was it definitely sent via courier and do you have any proof of this, ie from a SAR?

Thanks
      Last edited by TRAVELLER; 22 March 2013, 10:46. Reason: further inf0

Comment

Hi all - haven't logged in recently due to family problems etc - however this is an extract from a letter received by Lowells today regarding HBOS preference account:
        "...However I have reviewed the file in its entirety and agreed to write off the outstanding balance as a gesture of goodwill. as a result you will not receive any further contact from us....... any adverse data registered on your credit file will be removed within the next 5 - 7 days....."

They never sent me a copy of any agreement/default notice etc

thought this was worth posting up

thanks

Comment

I have had a very similar response from Lowells in the past, albeit for a different type of account
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your family problems...hope they're sorted now.

Definitely worth posting up

Make sure you keep the letter safe though.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVELLER View Post
              Hi all - haven't logged in recently due to family problems etc - however this is an extract from a letter received by Lowells today regarding HBOS preference account:
              "...However I have reviewed the file in its entirety and agreed to write off the outstanding balance as a gesture of goodwill. as a result you will not receive any further contact from us....... any adverse data registered on your credit file will be removed within the next 5 - 7 days....."

thanks
              Out of interest, was there any letter in particular that got sent which made them roll over?

I have the exact same nonsense agreement.

Thanks..
              -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

I think our main gripe was that the default and termination notice arrived on the same day - the default was bad as it did not have enough days service.

There were other factors but I have always stood my ground with this and replied to all letters so that if it went to court I had a paper trail.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVELLER View Post

thanks
                  Excellent result - well done
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X