GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marbles and Lowells ***SUCCESS*** - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marbles and Lowells ***SUCCESS***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marbles and Lowells

Oooo Oscar! I had that very same letter just before I got the one that confirmed they couldn't get it due to the date the account was opened (2000), but if it turns up they'll contact me again - 'ermm yeah, ok, good luck with that...hope it's not before November this year when it becomes SB lol

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      Lowells have writen saying they have requested my agreement and OC is attempting to retrieve it. If it cannot be found, they will tell me. Once I have this agreement I need to pay them in full (apparently)

Wonder why they dont say "if we cant find it you dont have to pay us squat"

Hi oscar

Now theres an idea is there a template pointing out such a fault in their letters.

SPENT

Comment

Spent, it (template) can be arranged lol
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Another letter from Low life - and at the moment, a partial success of sorts.

OC is still looking in the archives for the agreement, they will get in touch when they have the agreement, and until they have the agreement, I wont hear from them again.

Heres hoping the agreement dont turn up!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Lowells have writen saying they have requested my agreement and OC is attempting to retrieve it. If it cannot be found, they will tell me. Once I have this agreement I need to pay them in full (apparently)

Wonder why they dont say "if we cant find it you dont have to pay us squat"
            Lowells actually wrote to me saying that the OC had no CCA so I owed them no money at all :-) All in writting...

Comment

Originally posted by sam View Post
              Lowells actually wrote to me saying that the OC had no CCA so I owed them no money at all :-) All in writting...
              Wow. If only they would all do this!
              Niddified and proud!

Fought and won the UE battle, thanks to Niddy and this forum...
              SB since 2016. Now have my life back!

(I used to be MustGetStraight but I've lost a "t")

Comment

Did you write to them and ask to update your credit file with this fact - IE you owe no money and your balance is nil
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Did you write to them and ask to update your credit file with this fact - IE you owe no money and your balance is nil
                  LOL, as if! Don't give people idea's.....

Sam - obviously this is a joke, you cannot request removal of data - so don't bother asking!
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No I didn't ask Lowells to remove the default but it was removed by them :-)
                    I can post the letter up if required?

Comment

No I didn't ask Lowells to remove the default but it was removed by them :-)
                      I can post the letter up if required?
                      Bargain - don't argue if theyv'e offered and done it - well done. That is rare, however doesn't mean the next DCA won't take over the default....

Its one of those grey area's where the lenders/DCA's make rules up as they go along. So have you checked equifax and experian for its removal?

Excellent result by the way - nice one

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Bargain - don't argue if theyv'e offered and done it - well done. That is rare, however doesn't mean the next DCA won't take over the default....

Its one of those grey area's where the lenders/DCA's make rules up as they go along. So have you checked equifax and experian for its removal?

Excellent result by the way - nice one
                        Yeah Nid checked it on Equifax and it's gone....
                        The debt is statured barred in 12 months too..

All thanks to your superb guide on the MSE forum :-)

Thanks again..

Comment

Excellent result - is this your only "baddie"?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Excellent result - is this your only "baddie"?
                            Baddie as in debt?

I have the Egg one posted on here.
                            RBS mastercard
                            HFO (stayed)
                            Capital One/Robson way (no cca supplied since I asked in 2008 but they are getting heavy again so I will be starting a diary on here for that one soon)
                            And some finance one..
                            93 pound one from 3 mobile.

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head but probably more!

Comment

Baddie as in debt?

I have the Egg one posted on here.
                              RBS mastercard
                              HFO (stayed)
                              Capital One/Robson way (no cca supplied since I asked in 2008 but they are getting heavy again so I will be starting a diary on here for that one soon)
                              And some finance one..
                              93 pound one from 3 mobile.

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head but probably more!
                              Ahh okies, so removal of that default won't really make too much difference then - that's why I was asking, ie would it clean up your credit file (obviously not)..... keep plodding on, you'll get there

Comment

Re: Marbles and Lowells ***SUCCESS***

*********SUCCESS********

Lowells have now written to me stating:

"After reviewing the account, we are prepared to take a commercial view in relation to this matter and as a gesture of goodwill and strictly without any admission of liability, we are prepared to close the account and write-off any outstanding balance."

WOO HOO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X