GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard - CCA Letter Request - Satisfied? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard - CCA Letter Request - Satisfied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard - CCA Letter Request - Satisfied?

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
    Before you decide to go the UE route , if your credit history is good do you want to trash it???

If your history is already bad, I say stick it to them!!!!

The above statement is good regarding new posters to digest! and decide before taking action.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Barclaycard - CCA Letter Request - Satisfied?

Originally posted by Flowerpower
      Uhmmmm, UE is not exactly what I'd call a 'lifestyle choice'! You go down that route because you can no longer afford your contractual payments, for whatever reason.

ANYTHING that involves defaulting on your contractual payments WILL trash your credit record. In fact, offering tokens, arrangements to pay and DMPs can have a worse effect credit-wise, because you don't always get defaulted immediately.

Having defaults is still not quite as bad as declaring yourself insolvent as you would if you entered into an IVA or went BR. There are times when you may have to answer questions about being 'insolvent' which is not the same as having debts/defaults.

FP what you say is true, but there have been a few cases where in your words it is a bit of a life style choice, becuase people sometimes can make payments ( even if they are not full ones) so if they go the UE route it their choice.

Comment

Working...
      X