GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Couple of questions ... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of questions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Couple of questions ...

Sorry Niddy, i stand corrected, im so used to sending that template my fingers just type without thinking LOL
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      Sorry Niddy, i stand corrected, im so used to sending that template my fingers just type without thinking LOL
      No no - mate, easy mistake to make.

That template i linked to is a new one - it usually would be the sold in dispute but now we send the no cca one I linked to with a copy confirming that no cca exists.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The amex is from 2007. Doesn't that alter everything? Or am i wrong again.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
          The amex is from 2007. Doesn't that alter everything? Or am i wrong again.
          Fair do's - Amex was a moot point. The majority related to mbna

But depends when in 07 )
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wrong again Feb 2007

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Finally as others have stated; assignment basically means the creditor has assigned the debt to a third party, usually a debt collector (dca) - in this case mbna (the assignor) sold the title and rights to arrow (the assignee). Now then, usually what happens is the assignee takes over the credit reference data in so much as they'll replace the original entry (in this case mbna) with their own details. The only visual difference should be the name of the creditor and the amounts and updated date. The default etc should remain as per the old original entry. In your case, there should be a settled mbna account showing and a new arrow entry appearing. The history and default date must be the same.

The mbna entry should not show default. It should change to settled. You can only have one default per life cycle of account.
                I had the same with MBNA and arrow -MBNA removed their entries comletely from the reports with me.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You say Amex cannot produce an agreement, have you done a s.78 request and if so what's happened since?
                  Yes a Section 78 was sent, but Amex has never come back to me.

The mbna entry should not show default. It should change to settled. You can only have one default per life cycle of account.
                  That's what I'm seeing. It's marked Satisfied, not settled. That, I guess, means Arrow have paid for it at approximately 10p in the pound ... I'm reading that it's even as low as 10p per £100 in some cases ... any opinions on that?

Comment

Diary (of a sort) is now up ... clicky-click

You'll realise why it's of a sort when you read it ... I've been so gullible.

Comment

Originally posted by ABF View Post
                      That's what I'm seeing. It's marked Satisfied, not settled. That, I guess, means Arrow have paid for it at approximately 10p in the pound ... I'm reading that it's even as low as 10p per £100 in some cases ... any opinions on that?
                      They can buy it for whatever they want, it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things!

Don't get dissuaded by the bollocks, stick to the facts mate - they have marked it satisfied, fine - is the balance reading as £0?

Comment

They can buy it for whatever they want, it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things!

Don't get dissuaded by the bollocks, stick to the facts mate - they have marked it satisfied, fine - is the balance reading as £0?
                        Anything?! Blimey; it's almost like asking for a loan & the lender saying "how much d'ya want?"

Cheers man; much appreciated. Yes it's a zero balance, and Satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by ABF View Post
                          Anything?! Blimey; it's almost like asking for a loan & the lender saying "how much d'ya want?"

Cheers man; much appreciated. Yes it's a zero balance, and Satisfied.
                          Ok good so that will not affect you in any derogatory sense.

Yep they buy debts at silly prices, usually if you make an offer that's why we suggest you stop paying first, then wait till a DCA buys the debt as they can afford to haggle based on them paying maybe 8p / £1 whereas you offer 12p / £1 and they are still making 4p profit per pound.

Comment

Ok good so that will not affect you in any derogatory sense.

Yep they buy debts at silly prices, usually if you make an offer that's why we suggest you stop paying first, then wait till a DCA buys the debt as they can afford to haggle based on them paying maybe 8p / £1 whereas you offer 12p / £1 and they are still making 4p profit per pound.

Oh ... sounds all very above board & highly regulated. :/

Comment

I never said that

Probably one HUUUUGE tax fiddle

Comment

I never said that

Probably one HUUUUGE tax fiddle
                                Financial instirutions can write off losses against tax cant they?

So say i owed 5k to Bank A they apply to write it off against tax for full 5K
                                But then sell it for 1.5k to DCA thats 1.5k profit against tax. then thats taxed but still leaves them better off than b4 writing it off

Though i stand to be corrected
                                I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X