GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script AAD site?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAD site??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilly71 View Post
    where is Niddy?
    He doesn't appear to have been active since April. If I was him and came back to find the spam posts and the sort of comments made above it would probably prompt me to consider throwing in the towel. I must admit that I'm beginning to question how closely I should follow the advice from a site that may be closed down soon, and how much I should rely on JCS being around when I need them.

Comment

I wouldn't be inclined to throw in the towel yet Sparkles. There is still plenty of worthwhile input to this forum even though some of the main contributors from the past seem no longer to be here. You obviously have to be a bit selective about what you read. I don't know what has happened to Niddy, I too have tried to contact him without success, but just possibly he will suddenly re-appear, who knows. It would certainly be brilliant if he did.

Colin Quinn of JCS has been a very valuable contributor of late but he too disappeared more recently and when I phoned JCS to try to re-establish contact I was told he no longer worked for them and they could not (or perhaps would not?) provide any forwarding details. Possibly someone else here knows something about that, if so it would be great to hear something. I get the feeling that the relationship between JCS and AAD has changed in some way but I know not how.

If you are well on the way to SB you should certainly stay with it as you will generally speaking know what to do (or what not to do) but I do feel sorry for complete newcomers who will not benefit in the way many of us have, the way things are going. Certainly I know I would be put off from starting the SB journey if I were visiting this site afresh.

Those of us who have agreements dating back at least 15 years may well generally be in a stronger position and there are probably fewer potential newcomers from that era. But there will certainly be some and of course those with more recent agreements have potentially much to gain from being here if they can find a way to shut out the noise.

Comment

I would like to echo MisterK's comments. I was saddened to read that Colin has moved on; he has been a very great help to me in the past. Regarding the wider JCS link, I am not surprised at all that they seem to have stepped back since they have a commercial reputation to maintain that may not be helped by the level of animosity currently on this site. I do indeed hope that Niddy resurfaces since it seems that he is the only one able to take things forward. Perhaps Kay (@Nightwatch) may be able to re-establish communication?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterK View Post
          I wouldn't be inclined to throw in the towel yet Sparkles. There is still plenty of worthwhile input to this forum even though some of the main contributors from the past seem no longer to be here. You obviously have to be a bit selective about what you read. I don't know what has happened to Niddy, I too have tried to contact him without success, but just possibly he will suddenly re-appear, who knows. It would certainly be brilliant if he did.

Those of us who have agreements dating back at least 15 years may well generally be in a stronger position and there are probably fewer potential newcomers from that era. But there will certainly be some and of course those with more recent agreements have potentially much to gain from being here if they can find a way to shut out the noise.
          I would agree with MisterK - do not throw in the towel yet. There is still some excellent advice available. I do think the old AAD focus on UE may have had its day unless the agreement is old BUT there is a lot more to this than just an agreement and the old S127 (3) bit. It is a crying shame the likes of Plan B is no longer around, she gave some fabulous advice both on housing and debt.

I do know because I have seen, although old, some sale agreements i.e. assignments limit what the buyer can do, for example the one I saw said that after 6 months the OC would not provide any help- so if they buy a debt and 9 months later issue you with a letter of Claim , if you ask for key documents, unless they have them they can not get them- they can not even get the evidence they were sent. Of course this is over simplifying everything. Several years ago RBS as it was, sold an account to Cabot. I sent a CCA request which they could not fulfil and they closed the account (RBS had sent me a perfectly compliant S78 request when I had started my UE journey).

It is interesting what you say about Colin Quinn, he used to be on Linked In but I have just done a search and he is nowhere to be found- I will keep digging

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconsRevenge View Post
            I would like to echo MisterK's comments. I was saddened to read that Colin has moved on; he has been a very great help to me in the past. Regarding the wider JCS link, I am not surprised at all that they seem to have stepped back since they have a commercial reputation to maintain that may not be helped by the level of animosity currently on this site. I do indeed hope that Niddy resurfaces since it seems that he is the only one able to take things forward. Perhaps Kay (@Nightwatch) may be able to re-establish communication?
            If I can clear things up, there is no personal animosity from me about JCS, if a solicitor is needed and affordable I am sure they are very good. It was a shame they lost in the Supreme Court although I did rather enjoy watching Thomas Brennan- Banks. It would also be nice to see some more recent victories either on their or the sites success stories. My point was that a person who is often quoted does not seem to have any legal qualifications at all so their advice might be no better or worse than say mine or going to Legal Beagles or listening to MisterK or another member.

On a light note I am afraid I have the picture in my head of one of the members here running around asking where Seaman Staines is- those old enough will know what I mean.

Comment

When I mentioned throwing in the towel I meant that if I was in Niddy's shoes then I might be wondering if the time had come to let the site go.

I have a debt with PRA and it looks unlikely that the CCA for that will ever be found so I'm certainly going to keep ignoring that. I have another debt with Intrum where contact only stopped last year and the CCA may be available to them, so I'm starting to question how much I should rely on JCS being able to defend it. The comments above indicate that Colin no longer works for them, and I wasn't able to find any other solicitor that offers a similar service. I'm not going to change anything just yet but I have started to give other options more thought.

Comment

Hey sparkles

Chin up, you say the CCA MAY be available to them but you don’t know. Equally they may not be able to get hold of it. There may be other problems as well. Not sure which debt this is but there is a lawyer on legal beagles who is cca trained and experienced. If you google Santander v Mayhew you might find his name. Maybe JCS can help, I don’t know. Maybe you can’t afford their help, again I don’t know.

Good luck

Comment

Hello everyone,

This is Colin. I post only as I have noticed there has been mention of my whereabouts.

I have now left JCS Law. This is unfortunate but true. However, I am doing well and I, as always, wish you all the best.

Should anyone need any assistance at all in the matters discussed on this forum, I still advocate for you to make your initial enquiry with JCS Law. They are still the experts in consumer credit matters.

I'm sorry I can no longer intervene and assist you all the way I would like. But the resources are out there and JCS Law provide the best initial advice.

Dottir - No need to 'keep digging'. I don't believe I was ever on LinkedIn, and I'm not now. You must have been looking up the wrong Colin Quinn, the New York comedian perhaps. Plus, I am not a missing person and do not require your looking into my private life.

I hope this forum can return to the very useful resource it once was.

Once again, good luck to all of you seeking to oppose debt purchasers, unenforceable debts, speculative litigation etc. It is a fight that most definitely can be won.

Take care of each other. Don't fall into arguments over nonsensical matters. Be true to yourselves and fight your corners.

If we don't do any of those things... we'll never win.

Col...

Comment

Hi Colin. I was not digging into your private life just your public profile which is, after all what Linked In is all about. Your private life is just that and I don’t care about that. In this instance I only care about people in debt.

Comment

If it would help, I can deal with the spam - I'm online early every morning and can nip it in the bud.

Comment

If you look up Bungee Digital on companies house it says there is an active proposal to strike it off. I hope it doesn't, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this site simply just disappared one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                          If you look up Bungee Digital on companies house it says there is an active proposal to strike it off. I hope it doesn't, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this site simply just disappared one day.
                          It looks like the strike off you mention was suspended late last year

Comment

Let’s hope some accounts are filed. I guess suspensions have a shelf life.

Comment

Originally posted by ca71 View Post
                              If it would help, I can deal with the spam - I'm online early every morning and can nip it in the bud.
                              That would be a help, but you need Niddy to grant you permissions to do it, only the mods could do it.
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nightwatch
                                ========

Have you been able to make contact with Niddy yourself in recent months, nightwatch? If Niddy can no longer be contacted then ca71's offer to help unfortunately can't be acted upon it seems.

Perhaps Niddy is abroad or maybe no longer has any time to put into this forum, etc etc.

The Bungee Digital Limited dissolution request is a little worrying but may or may not have significance as you don't need to have a limited company to operate a forum of course.

Colin Quinn
                                ========

Thank you very much for your response to my query earlier in the year Colin. I would like to have dug a little deeper with that particular issue but no matter and if you become available at any time in the future please let us all know. Your input has been invaluable and - most importantly - always very much to the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X