GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA received is it enforceable - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA received is it enforceable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consumer Credit Act default notices

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

BUT can Link issue a Claim?
      Seems the DSAR is proven incorrect!! So how reliant is any Document from that Lender? Because it wasn't sold to Link it was LC Asset Sarl
      Make a note of the following!
      See Colins entry here https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...00#post1544400
      "..
      Link Financial is not a trading name of LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L. They are separate companies. One is an offshore unauthorised debt purchaser and the other is a UK based debt servicer.
      .."
      Its a complex legal argument not something to tackle yourself BUT a little reading here and a GOOD Diary should put you in control of this Debt!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterio View Post
        • Type of account (credit card/loan) Credit Card
        • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007) January 2013
        • Original Creditor: Bank Of Scotland
        • Approx balance £9200
        • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment) Nov 2018
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying Not paying
        • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) Default Nov 2018
        • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender) LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L - Link Financial writing to me
        • Date assigned to LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L Dec 2021
        • PAP received from Kearn Solicitors early Nov 2022
        • Sent CCA request early Nov to Link Financial
        • Returned PAP mid Nov to Kearns requesting various docs default notice etc etc and disputing the debt.
        • Kearn returned FILE back to Link Financial end Nov 22 no documents sent to me.
        • CCA RECEIVED February 2023 from Link Financial. SENT NIDDY
        • SAR sent to BOS Feb 23
        • Niddy checked CCA, says it is UE
        • SAR received March 23- SAR stated debt sold to Link Financial but past PAP received from Kearns Solicitors state its belong to LC Asset Sarl
        • BOS state default notice, notice of assignment etc not included in SAR, they can recreate and copy can be sent if needed.
        updated
        Last edited by Mysterio; 30 March 2023, 16:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          BUT can Link issue a Claim?
          Seems the DSAR is proven incorrect!! So how reliant is any Document from that Lender? Because it wasn't sold to Link it was LC Asset Sarl
          It used to be that a creditor could provide a 'reconstituted' copy of an agreement in answer to a request under CCA74. Is that still the case, and is it accepted at court? BoS seem to be saying that, if necessary, they can 'recreate' a default notice. Would that be accepted at court, and how would it be proven that the original was compliant?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

It used to be that a creditor could provide a 'reconstituted' copy of an agreement in answer to a request under CCA74. Is that still the case, and is it accepted at court? BoS seem to be saying that, if necessary, they can 'recreate' a default notice. Would that be accepted at court, and how would it be proven that the original was compliant?
            Exactly, anyone had any experience with BoS or lloyds. Can they do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

S.78 is to provide a TRUE copy of the CCA and the A/c is UE until this is satisfied!
              However its doesn't follow that a S.78 will stand up in Court as evidence of an Actual CCA

Same will apply to say a Default Notice or other Statutory Document! In the Case of BOS and its separate Banks. These were cobbled rapidly together during the Banking Crisis. This causes endless headaches for BOS especially as to whether they can issue Statutary Documents in BOS name when they were not the original Lender (of a previous independent Bank) is legally true.

Don't presume anything with the BOS group without taking legal advice!

Comment

Working...
              X