GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reply from prove it letter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reply from prove it letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reply from prove it letter

Hi all, i have sent a prove it letter to resolvecall as some muppet turned up on my doorstep saying i owe moneys. Now i have no recollection of owing this money and informed aforementioned muppet of this. They tried to coerce a phone number and email out of me which was never going to happen but i said i would write to them henceforth the prove it letter. Today i have a reply which i shall attach below. Thoughts and advice on next steps would be greatly appreciated ? Theoretically if perhaps there was money owed it would be from around 14 yrs ago but as i said, never been acknowledged not aware of such a debt.
    Thanks in advance
    Stressed76
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Stressed76 View Post
    Hi all, i have sent a prove it letter to resolvecall as some muppet turned up on my doorstep saying i owe moneys. Now i have no recollection of owing this money and informed aforementioned muppet of this. They tried to coerce a phone number and email out of me which was never going to happen but i said i would write to them henceforth the prove it letter. Today i have a reply which i shall attach below. Thoughts and advice on next steps would be greatly appreciated ? Theoretically if perhaps there was money owed it would be from around 14 yrs ago but as i said, never been acknowledged not aware of such a debt.
    Thanks in advance
    Stressed76
    Ok
    I note Arrow Global reconnection! How could they reconnect unless they knew where to look! Or perhaps Resolvecall are chancers?

Here is the issue to find as much as possible without approaching or asking and hence admitting.
    First place to look would be your Credit Agencies Reports to see if there was any DEBT showing or if there was any history of Debt. Because if there isn't any it would suggest that its dropped off after 5 (scotland) 6 years and therefor Statue Barred!

But by writing to Resolve you have confirmed your present address and who your are!
    That might or might not trigger a response from ARROW even a Claim who knows!

BUT SILENCE would have been a better response and I suggest SILENCE from now on!
    No more prove it letters!!! Check the CRA's and come back here with whatever you find!
    Wait and see what Arrow do or don't do! Come back here!

Comment

Completely agree with Roger. Ought not to have offered to engage with Resolvecall.

Always best to seek advice on here on AAD before taking any action.

Comment

Thank you very much, checked my credit report probably around 4 yrs ago and there was nothing on there so i shall take your advice and sit on my hands for now.
        Thanks again, much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Stressed76 View Post
          Thank you very much, checked my credit report probably around 4 yrs ago and there was nothing on there so i shall take your advice and sit on my hands for now.
          Thanks again, much appreciated.
          Make certain you have a copy of that Credit Report. At this stage knowing that Arrow are trying to connect with you start saving and collecting evidence. It could of course be a mistake but better to be safe than sorry!
          By writing to Resolve you will have letters because they consider they have reconnected with you and therefor earned their pennies from Arrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

Make certain you have a copy of that Credit Report. At this stage knowing that Arrow are trying to connect with you start saving and collecting evidence. It could of course be a mistake but better to be safe than sorry!
            By writing to Resolve you will have letters because they consider they have reconnected with you and therefor earned their pennies from Arrow!
            Ok i’ll print one off, although theoretically if it is something from over 14 yrs ago would it not be statute barred ?

Comment

Right so my credit score comes back clean as a whistle, not a bean on it but it is still registered to an address i lived at a few yrs ago. Should i update my address on the credit score website or is this a red rag to a bull?

Comment

It's a wonder banks have not informed them need;- on there as safeguard possibly later let them know as any else if say claim to wrong address then automatic CCJ, very lapse of banks or other monitary organisations.
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 10 July 2022, 11:13.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X