GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Non Cancellable LloydsTSB Loan Agreement from Nov 2003 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Cancellable LloydsTSB Loan Agreement from Nov 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Cancellable LloydsTSB Loan Agreement from Nov 2003

I’ve received a CCA for what is termed at the top a ‘Non Cancellable Loan Agreement with Lloyds TSB, from 2003. It says is regulated under the CCA but absolutely no where does it give cancellation rights.

It does say payments must be made from a Lloyds Bank account. The bank account has an overdraft but not for £25,000 which was the amount of credit on the loan agreement. No total amount higher than £25k is mentioned anywhere on the agreement.

My overdraft and this loan were completely separate although the debt is now lumped together with Moorcroft so I’ve no idea what’s what - only a total amount which is higher than the original loan agreement amount because the statements from Moorcroft sent my Lloyds have lumped it together. So how does a debt like this work? What’s enforceable

? The loan and overdraft or just the loan. Any help would be so gratefully received. Has anyone had this sort of thing enforced to CCJ?
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 9 February 2022, 22:43.

send copy CCA not redacted to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking quoting this thread for checking enforceable or not
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 9 February 2022, 22:44.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Start a diary:-

Type of account (credit card/loan/overdraft)
      Date commenced
      Approx balance
      Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
      Are you on arrangement or not paying
      Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Type of account: Non Cancellable Loan Agreement with LloydsTSB
        Date commenced: November 2003
        Approx Balance: uncertain, they lumped the loan with overdraft, I’ve not had separate statements for each so no idea. The loan was for £25,000 originally.
        Date last paid in full: August 2004
        in arrangement: Yes
        status: Default on loan, not sure about overdraft there were defaults registered in 2005 ( as I recall)

Comment

What letters have you been receiving from Moorcroft? These form part of your diary. It helps us to know what is the current situation between Moorcroft and you. Have you been in an arrangement since 2004? The diary needs fleshing out a bit.

Comment

Was any part of this originally a TSB Moneyplan account?

Comment

I wasn’t, so I believe part of a TSB Moneyplan. It’s not branded that anywhere, it was a loan and I had a bank account with them. I defaulted in 2004 following a torrid time with an ex who probably would, if they behaved like that now been in prison. I’ve accepted I signed it. I cannot deny that but I didn’t date it. The date isn’t my writing. I didn’t receive the benefit, but I entered it to avoid violence. And I’ve been paying back around £26pm since.

This isn’t the only debt I have but the only one so far which has produced what looks like a full Enforecable CCA. I’ve taken years to repair my life. Personally and I suppose financially. But now im 17 years from the default and not SB I am mindful of wanting to try to protect my estate from debts which could be claimed if I pass away on my estate, or at least limiting them by redirecting what I can afford to those who are not enforceable. The whole things quite traumatic so can only really deal one at a time. This is the biggest of a lot.

I wish I’d never met him but it is was it is. I got out with my sanity and that was enough at the time. I’m just pleased that with laws against violence, better domestic violence law enforcement and coercive control laws and better vulnerable checks for lending I hope this prevents what happened to me. I would have declared bankruptcy but to be frank. Couldn’t face putting myself and my children in a refuge. So I’m in a DMP which I cannot do much about as anything like that would really impact badly on my life. So I’ve just ticked on by all these years in a DMP
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 15 February 2022, 11:33. Reason: adjusted to make reading easier.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your troubled past, which is still impacting you now.

Did you email the copy agreement (without anything blocked out) to the webmaster for checking, as advised? If not I suggest doing so now, to get his expert opinion on enforceability. It's secure, only he will see it, and he has checked loads of them over the years.

Head the email "Overworked 123 CCA" and include a link to this thread.

Comment

Yes I did this one has everything it needs so it’s Enforecable so I’ll continue with it and try to divert more to clearing it. One down several to do. Small steps. Thank you for your support

Comment

".. This isn’t the only debt I have but the only one so far which has produced what looks like a full Enforecable CCA. .."
                    "..Approx Balance: uncertain, they lumped the loan with overdraft, I’ve not had separate statements for each so no idea. The loan was for £25,000 originally. .."

It seems Westcot are Lloyds Agents! You say you haven't had statements as such and that the Loan has been lumped together with an Overdraft.
                    Overdraft's are also subject to CCA requests separately!
                    Who did you request the CCA from? Who supplied it?

Was this an Unsecured Loan because its a considerable amount.
                    Was this NEW money or a consolidation of other Debts (OLD MONEY) presumably also including your ex's debts? If there was Old Debt here THAT MIGHT NOT BE EN especially if it wasn't your DEBT!

Many at AAD have been in similar situations But with homework and a good Diary (for each and every Debt) is the road for your peace of mind!
                    You have come to the right place.

It seems Lloyds haven't sold these Debts (Assigned them) which is curious after now 17 years?

I suggest that you send a SAR request to Lloyds to see just what they have or haven't got and especially to flesh out the background to this.
                    Also there is rather more to being EN than just the CCA. I think more details will help you and AAD here

Comment

Working...
                    X