GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PRA Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRA Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group

Hi all, I have been looking through a lot of the threads and seen some of there wonderful help and advice that has been offered and thought I would just create a topic to see if I can get some advice or maybe just set my mind at ease.

Barclaycard - started 2011
    Balance at default - Feb 2017 - £12,200
    Defaulted - 09/02/2017
    Managed by PRA group - £10,900 balance remaining.
    Last payment made - £30 monthly arrangement 25th October 2021.

I wrote to Barclaycard to get them to change the default date to when the arrangement was made, as they initially put it at 25/07/2017, they agreed this was incorrect and amended to 09/02/2017.

My query is, this debt is approaching six years old now from default (1 year ish remaining). I think this has a good chance of being UE, as I took the Barclaycard out as a staff member in 2011, don’t recall ever receiving any paperwork for it, they changed my limit many times and then sent a letter apologising for increasing my limit to £19,000 back in 2020.

I’m worried about sending the CCA request right now as it’s approaching the six year mark, and wouldn’t want to alert them to finding the paperwork and then potentially going for a CCJ - I’m still making the £30 payment each month and they don’t seem to be too pushy with this, accepted my payment to carry on the last two times over emails with no push back.

would it be wise to wait until after 09/02/2023 to send the cca request, or do you think sending it now would be okay and if they find the details they would still accept my £30 monthly payment on a £10k debt?

sorry I know there is a lot of questions and variables to this but just wanted to put it out there to see if you have any similar experiences or if anyone else has been in a similar position with PRA group.

Many thanks,

Rich

Originally posted by Richardsnitch View Post
    Hi all, I have been looking through a lot of the threads and seen some of there wonderful help and advice that has been offered and thought I would just create a topic to see if I can get some advice or maybe just set my mind at ease.

Barclaycard - started 2011
    Balance at default - Feb 2017 - £12,200
    Defaulted - 09/02/2017
    Managed by PRA group - £10,900 balance remaining.
    Last payment made - £30 monthly arrangement 25th October 2021.

I wrote to Barclaycard to get them to change the default date to when the arrangement was made, as they initially put it at 25/07/2017, they agreed this was incorrect and amended to 09/02/2017.

My query is, this debt is approaching six years old now from default (1 year ish remaining). I think this has a good chance of being UE, as I took the Barclaycard out as a staff member in 2011, don’t recall ever receiving any paperwork for it, they changed my limit many times and then sent a letter apologising for increasing my limit to £19,000 back in 2020.

I’m worried about sending the CCA request right now as it’s approaching the six year mark, and wouldn’t want to alert them to finding the paperwork and then potentially going for a CCJ - I’m still making the £30 payment each month and they don’t seem to be too pushy with this, accepted my payment to carry on the last two times over emails with no push back.

would it be wise to wait until after 09/02/2023 to send the cca request, or do you think sending it now would be okay and if they find the details they would still accept my £30 monthly payment on a £10k debt?

sorry I know there is a lot of questions and variables to this but just wanted to put it out there to see if you have any similar experiences or if anyone else has been in a similar position with PRA group.

Many thanks,

Rich
    PRA does the name Aktiva occur with corespondence?
    Does MERCER appear in dealings with Barclaycard?

The 6 year rule irrespective is simply the dropping off from your CRA
    BUT for you each and every payment you make restarts the 6 years Statue Bar

Sad isn't it that a S.78 CCA (plus £1) request is like a signal of intent! When actually its your Consumer Right under the CCA Act.

Now the S.78 request would need to be sent to PRA and that Tactically might be a BAD idea. PRA are litigatious

You of course can request a SAR directly from Barclaycard (since 2018 you have a right to your Personal Data hence no charge) without the need to mention anything to PRA.

I think this would be a good starting place. The SAR isn't a one off request and this can be repeated in Future years.

Tactically the Outstanding Amount is above small claims and paying only £360 per annum it will remain above that level for probably what 4-5 years.

If you have Home Owner ship etc.. It could makes you a target for PRA to attempt to turn an Unsecured into a Secured Debt!
    They can issue a claim irrespective of whether you are paying or NOT!

So You need to build up a factual file of information and especially of Staff Account terms and benefits!

Tactics planning and a good record of details Dates etc..

Don't rock the PRA boat!! certainly not at this time but by all means ask Barclaycard for the SAR data!!

Last edited by Roger; 14 November 2021, 13:09. Reason: typos

Comment

Hi Roger, thanks a lot for your reply, that’s very helpful!

From memory, it was just Barclaycard to their collections team and then sold to PRA Group. No other company names used within the correspondence.

I will look at requesting the SAR from Barclaycard without mentioning anything about PRA, to see what information they held for me with the staff account details etc.

I will hold off on the cca and not rock the boat. I am not a homeowner currently, only renting. So maybe it’ll be best to carry on paying the £30 to give me time and then assess once I have all of the information. Once again thanks a lot!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richardsnitch View Post
        Hi Roger, thanks a lot for your reply, that’s very helpful!

From memory, it was just Barclaycard to their collections team and then sold to PRA Group. No other company names used within the correspondence.

I will look at requesting the SAR from Barclaycard without mentioning anything about PRA, to see what information they held for me with the staff account details etc.

I will hold off on the cca and not rock the boat. I am not a homeowner currently, only renting. So maybe it’ll be best to carry on paying the £30 to give me time and then assess once I have all of the information. Once again thanks a lot!!
        PRA are very litigacious and at the moment the Debt is above a small claim!
        If there are UE issues the last thing you want to do is give PRA time to produce a EN version.

If PRA write and or when you get the SAR by all means come back here !

Comment

Working...
        X