GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kafka versus Cabot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kafka versus Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Waving
    replied
    If Cabot start writing to you post here and you'll get some advice on how to deal with it. At least if they contact you, you'll have more idea of what the alleged debt is all about. Wait to see what they have to say, don't contact them.

Leave a comment:

• mr_reasonable
    replied
    Interesting update. Been texting to the bailiff for a while. He has replied that he will be returning the warrant and that I must now deal directly with Cabot. That's a massive relief as the worry about a home visit, even though we wouldn't answer the door, even though we have nothing of value to levy, even though the police promised to come on request if things went argybargy... it is nonetheless a dreadful burden. I don't know how anyone can take it with a pinch of salt although accept some do.

Not all over though. Now begins a possibly long and arduous process of obtaining proofs.

I will now take a breather and then come back and look at the forum's resources. Thanks for hearing me out.

Leave a comment:

• mr_reasonable
    replied
    Hi, the debt to be paid is in the region of £2500.

The bailiff re-engaged with me via text message. I asked him to clarify the case number as it was ineligible and the number for the country court he told me to ring to confirm his identity couldn't help me without the number. So he provided the case number and warrant number in a text message. Turned out that the case number on the letter was actually the warrant number and it was the case number that was missing. We're all human and make mistakes.

So on Monday morning I'll ring with the new info and hopefully determine if the bailiff is legit.

They then suggested I contact a telephone number to agree a payment plan. I reiterated that we had no awareness of a debt and would be seeking to obtains proofs, and they were helpful in providing a PO BOX address.

My overall opinion of the bailiff is that they are very stressed out and aggressive. But I took the opportinity to inform them of our vulnerabilities, which may or may not influence their decision to tighten the thumbscrew.

In either case we have nothing of value. But if the debt is proven and legitimate we'll pay it.

She suspects it may be something from before we met. We have been together nearly 6 years.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    The entire thing sounds fishy.

What is the "amount to be paid"?

Leave a comment:

• mr_reasonable
    started a topic Kafka versus Cabot

Kafka versus Cabot

Hope I can make sense to you about this and maybe get some advice on how to proceed.

Had a letter hand delivered from a person claiming to be a county court appointed bailiff. Letter specified my partner's name at the top and first line of address.

There is a claim number which is ineligible. I rang the County Court and they are unable to assist without a claim number. We tried a number of permutations and none of them worked.

There is a warrant number area on the A4 sheet but it is left blank.

There is an amount to be paid.

The letter states that Cabot Financial have issued a warrant of execution against the goods of the defendant (there is a space for a name which is also left blank).

The letter states "The bailiff will now arrange a visit with the seizing van to remove levied goods."

Just to underline here this is the first either of us have heard about this alleged debt and that we have not communicated with anyone about the alleged debt.

There is no statement of a 7 day notice.

After reading around a bit I contacted the county court and they were unable to help as I couldn't provide a claim number. They advised I sent an email and the automated reply was that my query was not classed as priority and may take 12 weeks to get a reply.

I have looked up Cabot Financial and they operate under numerous names, as also outlined here.

My partner was identified by her GP as extremely medically vulnerable and was on the shielding scheme when that was active. She is also mentally vulnerable and I fear this situation is going to seriously affect her mentally. She is a severe risk of suicide and suicidal gestures when unstable and is well-known to the NHS, the police, the ambulance service for this.

We do not have much that could be sold. We are both on benefits with severe and ongoing conditions. I am able to help her to some degree with this kind of problem. That is, I try and find someone with the skills and capacity to help her. Because of her severe anxiety I'm going to have to remain indoors in case they come around. She will not be able to cope and they are aggressive from the off.

I rang the bailiff and in trying to determine if he was legitimate, he became aggressive and threatening. I asked him to confirm his name and he spelt it differently to the way it is spelt on the letter.

That's the sum of it at this point, I think.

Thanks for bearing with me.

What should I do next, given that:

- the bailiff won't engage with me as I'm asking them to confirm their identity (the police advised me to ignore them as a legitimate bailiff would be happy to confirm their identity when challenged)

- I don't have a claim number or a warrant number.

- The letter titled "TAKE NOTICE" doesn't appear to be a lawful notice

- The bailiff spells his name differently to the one in the letter

- We don't know what the debt is for or about?

Thanks.
Working...
X