GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is my CCA genuine and acceptable? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my CCA genuine and acceptable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my CCA genuine and acceptable?

Good Afternoon, hope this is the right forum but please guide me if not.

A few weeks ago i requested a copy of a CCA of a debt i have with Lowell which was originally with JD Williams, i have received a letter back on official Lowell headed paper which states they have provided a copy of the requeted CCA.

Rather than looking like a genuine stand alone paper it is just printed on the reverse of the acknowledgement letter and doesn't have a date/credit amount/signature from myself just the address i was at at the time and a customer number, can someone advise me as to whether this is actually accepted as a genuine CCA or if it's just there way of 'pretending' it is?

I have images of it if needed.

Thanks in advance

Send copy no scribing out details to. webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking white your thread
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Refer this thread should read
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok will do, do i need to write my background to it etc?

Comment

No just send a copy for now.

Comment

Have done that and had a reply and Niddy says it's UE which is good news for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz_Easty View Post
              Niddy says it's UE which is good news for me.

That is definitely good news for you and bad news for Lowell, but don't tell them that in case they try harder to comply, albeit with J D Williams' accounts they'll struggle.

Is this your only debt or do you need help with any others?

Di

Comment

most mail order companys have a problem providing CCA's as you ask for the goods, get sent them, then they send an agreement of sort's that ask's you to sign and send back, , I don't know many that did that, I know i never did

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

That is definitely good news for you and bad news for Lowell, but don't tell them that in case they try harder to comply, albeit with J D Williams' accounts they'll struggle.

Is this your only debt or do you need help with any others?

Di
                  I have an old barclaycard and capital one accounts with PRA/Lowell which i'll never pay off though one of them has sent the original CCA so i guess i'm stuck with that one unless i can do anything with that?.

Comment

send that CCA for checking to Niddy as well

Comment

Will do, thanks

Comment

I have an old barclaycard and capital one accounts with PRA/Lowell which i'll never pay off though one of them has sent the original CCA so i guess i'm stuck with that one unless i can do anything with that?.

Which one has sent you the original credit agreement - PRA or Lowell, and who was the original creditor Barclaycard or Capital One?

My guess is PRA purchased your Barclaycard and Lowell purchased your Capital One credit card.

Have I guessed right

Di

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Which one has sent you the original credit agreement - PRA or Lowell, and who was the original creditor Barclaycard or Capital One?

My guess is PRA purchased your Barclaycard and Lowell purchased your Capital One credit card.

Have I guessed right

Di
                          Sorry, i'd forgot to reply!!
                          PRA have them both, and i'm not sure as i have misplaced the CCA they sent.

Comment

Just because the original CCA has been sent means nothing as there are many reasons for unenforceability. For example, if they were opened pre April 2007 they have to include certain things (less important after that) so what might look good to a lay person may be totally UE to an expert. After that there are other things such as accurate default notices, good assignments, regular notices that need to be sent.

I had a perfect Cap 1 CCA which failed in court because of no DN. Of course the best way is to avoid court if you can.

If you can remember which one the CCA was for you could send another request is you have lost it - I think you can send 1 a month but that is generally not advisable. The one that hasn't replied is currently UE until they do

Comment

Good Afternoon, hope this is the right forum but please guide me if not.

A few weeks ago i requested a copy of a CCA of a debt i have with Lowell which was originally with JD Williams, i have received a letter back on official Lowell headed paper which states they have provided a copy of the requeted CCA.

Rather than looking like a genuine stand alone paper it is just printed on the reverse of the acknowledgement letter and doesn't have a date/credit amount/signature from myself just the address i was at at the time and a customer number, can someone advise me as to whether this is actually accepted as a genuine CCA or if it's just there way of 'pretending' it is?
                              I have images of it if needed.
                              Thanks in advance

Sorry, i'd forgot to reply!!
                              PRA have them both, and i'm not sure as i have misplaced the CCA they sent.
                              I would be very reluctant to comment on anything in your Case you clearly have more than one or more debts and there is this apparent contradiction between PRA and Lowell

The AAD Diary entry format has a proven track record for helping Debtors
                              There needs to be a Diary entry in the following format for each and every DEBT
                              this is for your benefit plus for AAD to be able to understand and perhaps comment/advise.

* Original creditor and product (credit card, loan, overdraft, catalogue etc)
                              * Balance outstanding
                              * Year account opened
                              * Last full payment date (contractual monthly minimum payment)
                              * Last payment (token payment or in a DMP)
                              * Defaulted
                              * Current Owner (if assigned/sold on - not the DCA acting for the original creditor).

Comment

Working...
                              X