GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How do I upload a CCA? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I upload a CCA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I upload a CCA?

Hi all

We have all heard the phrase, "asking for a friend," but this time it is true.

My debt issues are almost cleared, I have a couple of issues with Nat Pest, but they are in hand. My friend is older than me and afraid of technology. He is getting constant harassment from Drydens and CapQuest about the same VISA card debt. I advised him to request his CCA and 8 months later it arrived. It looks more like an application form to me, but I am not an expert, and experience tells me you guys know what to do.

It has been so long; I am not sure how to upload it? I have redacted it accordingly and scanned it with the best quality achievable. It appears it is a photocopy anyway.

He's paying £5 per month but is sick of their constant texts and calls. He cannot really afford the £5, so hopefully, it is unenforceable and we can tell them to whistle!

I await your invaluable advice.

MJ
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

send unredacted copy (no crossing out to):- webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking refer to this thread
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      send unredacted copy (no crossing out to):- webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking refer to this thread
      Thank you, I will e-mail it as advised.
      Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
        He is getting constant harassment from Drydens and CapQuest about the same VISA card debt. I advised him to request his CCA and 8 months later it arrived. It looks more like an application form to me, but I am not an expert

Hello MJ how nice to hear from you again (I've got your email and will reply).

Could you just add a little more information on this thread since there's more to a debt being unenforceable than just the credit agreement.

Who was the original creditor and when was the Visa account opened (what year)?

Who is the current owner/debt purchaser - could Arrow Global be involved?

How much is the balance they're chasing?

Have DrydensFairfax sent your friend a formal Letter of Claim at any stage?

Sorry for all the questions but it helps to put things in context.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Hello MJ how nice to hear from you again (I've got your email and will reply).

Could you just add a little more information on this thread since there's more to a debt being unenforceable than just the credit agreement.

Who was the original creditor and when was the Visa account opened (what year)?

Who is the current owner/debt purchaser - could Arrow Global be involved?

How much is the balance they're chasing?

Have DrydensFairfax sent your friend a formal Letter of Claim at any stage?

Sorry for all the questions but it helps to put things in context.

Di
          Hello to you; nice to hear from you too!

Here is the information

Who was the original creditor and when was the Visa account opened (what year)? Asda Visa opened in February 2007.

Who is the current owner/debt purchaser - could Arrow Global be involved? I just phoned my friend and It seems Arrow Global are the current merry-go-round riders; I believe Drydens Fairfax are their pet lawyers?

How much is the balance they're chasing? £4100

DrydensFairfax sent your friend a formal Letter of Claim at any stage? There is no formal letter of claim, they are chasing him for an increased monthly amount. He was paying £1 then gave in to their pressure and increased it to £5. They use the normal threat of court action as the amount is insufficient.

sigpic

Comment

hi nice to hear from you again.

When they used to send me the "we need to review your payment" letter I used to send one back saying,
            due to the rise in the cost of living, but no increase in my income, I can no longer afford to pay anyone the amounts they DEMAND,
            I will for the time being try and continue the same payment, BUT, I may have to reduce the amount in the future, if the money is needed for my heating bill.
            Please be aware if I pay you , but freeze to death because I cannot use my heating, I will not be able to reply, to any further letters.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
              hi nice to hear from you again.

When they used to send me the "we need to review your payment" letter I used to send one back saying,
              due to the rise in the cost of living, but no increase in my income, I can no longer afford to pay anyone the amounts they DEMAND,
              I will for the time being try and continue the same payment, BUT, I may have to reduce the amount in the future, if the money is needed for my heating bill.
              Please be aware if I pay you , but freeze to death because I cannot use my heating, I will not be able to reply, to any further letters.
              Or you could just say - I refer you to the reply given in the case of Arkell versus Pressdram.

Comment

Originally posted by ca71 View Post

Or you could just say - I refer you to the reply given in the case of Arkell versus Pressdram.
                Foxtrot Oscar was always at the forefront of my mind!

sigpic

Comment

Hello to you; nice to hear from you too!

Here is the information

Who was the original creditor and when was the Visa account opened (what year)? Asda Visa opened in February 2007.

Who is the current owner/debt purchaser - could Arrow Global be involved? I just phoned my friend and It seems Arrow Global are the current merry-go-round riders; I believe Drydens Fairfax are their pet lawyers?

How much is the balance they're chasing? £4100

DrydensFairfax sent your friend a formal Letter of Claim at any stage? There is no formal letter of claim, they are chasing him for an increased monthly amount. He was paying £1 then gave in to their pressure and increased it to £5. They use the normal threat of court action as the amount is insufficient.

If it's not a Letter of Claim from Drydens then your friend should feel less intimidated by them.

Is the debt owner Arrow Global or Arrow Global (Guernsey) which may make a difference?

If it's credit card from pre-April 2007 then keep your fingers crossed that the credit agreement you sent to Niddy for his opinion is unenforceable.

Di

Comment

Niddy replied within an hour and said it is UE

sigpic

Comment

Niddy replied within an hour and said it is UE

Excellent news!

I hope your friend will become more relaxed about this now.

Post up if DrydensFairfax write to him again.

Di
                      Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 25 January 2021, 20:00. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
                      X