GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welcome Finance/Coast Secured Loan - help submitting irresponsible lending complaint - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome Finance/Coast Secured Loan - help submitting irresponsible lending complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Finance/Coast Secured Loan - help submitting irresponsible lending complaint

We stupidly took out a Welcome Finance secured loan in 2006 and stopped making payments around 7/8 years ago.
    We had the PPI repaid to the loan account and now we have Coast chasing us for £2300.00.
    1. The most I can afford currently is £10 a month.
    2. I believe that a lot of this balance is based on charges applied to the account
    3. I believe that we should never have been given this loan based on income and credit file
    Is it possible to make a complaint/claim for items 2 & 3 and if so how do I do this.
    I have a CD from Coast following a DSAR request but haven't yet seen what is on this.
    Any help or advice would be very much appreciated
    ???

Hello

Have you sent a s77 CCA Request to Coast for this loan?

Do you know whether this was a regulated or unregulated loan?

Was the loan in your sole name or in joint names? You refer to “we” but I thought it best to check.

I see it was a secured loan, but does Coast (based in Luxembourg) show as having a registered charge on your property on Land Registry in lieu of Welcome Finance?

Are Coast threatening possession proceedings?

Apology for all the questions, but the more information I have the better it is for me to suggest your next step.

Di

Comment

Working...
    X