GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclays staff loan - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclays staff loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclays staff loan

Hi

I have followed your site and have prepared a cca for one of my creditors. However the other creditor is an ex barclays staff loan. I took it out in 2011 and was dismissed due to chronic ill health in 2013. I entered a step change dmp in 2013 & went self managed about 2016.

This loan is not on any of my three credit files. Barclays say that they believe that a default was registered in 2013 but nothing showing. I was thinking of sending them a cca but was wondering whether there could be any impact to my credit file?

Thank you BTW

Comment

Send a DSAR request no charge these days for all data held by them on yourself recorded delivery

also start a diary with all the events from the start
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 3 September 2019, 06:33.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good idea. My whole sar would be huge, can I just do it on my staff loans?

I'll start a diary. I've already got my staff barclaycard as unenforceable

Comment

could do but all information can be valuable at a later time if needed, so go for it all and keep safe also who says CCA unenforceable???

send copy not redacted of the CCA to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking for you linking to this thread

our system has been tried and found to be good so no short cuts unless advised.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

PRA themselves said it was unenforceable. I have that in writing. I don't want to waste your time if necessary?

Comment

keep that letter from them safe, as a back up could send CCA agreement to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking linking this thread, (word of warning never trust a debt collection organisation) always get secondary opinions, many a person has been told for instance that an account is on hold (whilst a claim is in existence ( once a claim has been issued on a court is able to put on hold) & the defendant believed it only to find a CCJ by default against them) so forewarned is for-armed
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 2 September 2019, 08:23.

Comment

Originally posted by rubywisp View Post
                the other creditor is an ex barclays staff loan. I took it out in 2011 and was dismissed due to chronic ill health in 2013.

This loan is not on any of my three credit files. Barclays say that they believe that a default was registered in 2013 but nothing showing. I was thinking of sending them a cca

Hello

Is this Barclays staff loan now owned by PRA? I think that's what you meant in post # 6. If so what year was it assigned?

How long would the loan have run (end date) if it had continued until the predicted expiry date?

Was it one of these loans > https://youniquely.barclays.co.uk/bo...t-information/

When you were dismissed in 2013 due to chronic ill health did Barclays offset any salary or holiday pay etc owed to you against the loan's outstanding balance?

When the loan was assigned to PRA (if it was) did Barclays also include any current account overdraft which you may have had with the bank at the time?

You say PRA have already said the debt is unenforceable which implies that you have already sent a s77/78 CCA Request, so have I misunderstand your post (it happens!).

Are you still paying PRA or anyone for this debt?

If it was defaulted in 2013 then the whole account would fall off your CRA files six years later whether you are paying them or not (i.e. in 2019 this year).

Don't send anything to anyone until things become clearer.

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

Your Diary can be found here > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...eability-diary

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Hello

Is this Barclays staff loan now owned by PRA? I think that's what you meant in post # 6. If so what year was it assigned?

No this stayed with Barclays Closed loans and overdrafts

How long would the loan have run (end date) if it had continued until the predicted expiry date?

I believe it was a 5 year loan,

Was it one of these loans > https://youniquely.barclays.co.uk/bo...t-information/

Yes it was

When you were dismissed in 2013 due to chronic ill health did Barclays offset any salary or holiday pay etc owed to you against the loan's outstanding balance?

No they didn't

When the loan was assigned to PRA (if it was) did Barclays also include any current account overdraft which you may have had with the bank at the time?

No they didn't

You say PRA have already said the debt is unenforceable which implies that you have already sent a s77/78 CCA Request, so have I misunderstand your post (it happens!).

This is my staff loan. PRA have taken over the staff Barclaycard which is unenforceable.

Are you still paying PRA or anyone for this debt?

I am still paying £50pm to Barclays closed loans

If it was defaulted in 2013 then the whole account would fall off your CRA files six years later whether you are paying them or not (i.e. in 2019 this year).

Don't send anything to anyone until things become clearer.

I've just posted the GDPR request! Should I now do a ss77/78 request?

I look forward to helping you.

Di
                    Thank you in advance

Comment

Working...
                    X