GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice re UE please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice re UE please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice re UE please

Hi all,

I sent CCA requests off to all my creditors almost two years ago and one of them never responded to me or acknowledged my letter (which was sent recorded). I wrote to them recently advising that unless they responded to my letter of xxxx (attaching a copy) that I would not be making any further payments to the account. They have written back saying they have closed my dispute and found they have done nothing wrong and are sending payment demands. What should I do? Should I write to them again stating that unless I received the requested information I consider the account to be in dispute and no further payments will be made? Or should I start making minimum payments again? They seem to be avoiding addressing the issue completely! I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to the thought of court action! Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello

I’ll take a look at your other Diary thread and then post my suggestions on your next steps tomorrow.

Di

Comment

sit on your hands for now
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have had a quick look at your thread - It seems you have settled some

I am not clear however at what stage you are at

I think it is Cabot who have not complied with your CCA requests is that right? You said you did not have proof of delivery , but do you have proof of postage? If they were sent signed for and are showing on the RM website as still progressing through our system, I contact RM and complain

Anyway
        Since the CCA requests were sent, have they replied in any way to suggest they have received the request?

For the accounts that are not settled are you still paying , and if so which ones?

If you can show you posted them, my personal view is you should never follow up, especially if they are not chasing you; although Di may have a different perspective on that from a legal angle

Comment

Originally posted by AllTheHelp View Post
          sent CCA requests off to all my creditors almost two years ago and one of them never responded to me or acknowledged my letter (which was sent recorded). I wrote to them recently advising that unless they responded to my letter of xxxx (attaching a copy) that I would not be making any further payments to the account. They have written back saying they have closed my dispute and found they have done nothing wrong

I’ve looked through your Diary.

Is this your Egg credit card assigned to Link in post #65?

You say you sent your s77-79 CCA Request by Recorded Delivery so do you have proof of it being delivered/signed for from the Royal Mail website? Proof of posting is enough regardless.

This was two years ago so they’ve got used to you continuing to make payments despite the debt being unenforceable, but the penny will drop once you stop paying.

You’re a long way off getting a court claim. They’ll need to send you a Letter of Claim first which gives you 30 days to respond before they can issue a claim.

Di

Comment

Working...
          X