GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot Financial Limited - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot Financial Limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would suggest that you ignore for now. They are in default of our request which makes it unenforceable, if you prompt them they may look a bit harder for th3 agreement.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They are very sneaky and as Cym says don't give um a scrap x
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

nanna58 & cymruambyth I absolutely understand what you're saying.

I am worried that it could go either way... If I ignore that may give them ammunition to start enforcing the debt. I haven't made a payment towards the debt since 2017 so I'm fully prepared for this to start getting ugly

Comment

Bob this is a normal fear on this journey at the early stages, but whilst all debts are different they are in my experience all handled the same. You are in safe hands here, you will be guided as and when necessary with all the support you need. Remember many have already experienced the fear you are experiencing now so know exactly where you are.

I would and do ignore these types of letter, they are no more than begging letters basically pleading with you to give them something, sit tight and until such a time that they provide you with that that you are legally entitled too. Then update here, a problem shared is a problem halved!!

Comment

We have indeed had the fear and it's not nice, but they do try to o do their hardest to wear you down so they can get their Christmas party money from you .!!
            any acknowledgement to them endorses they have scared you ,hold fast hold your nerves be quided by our experts and you will be fine ,I am and I'm a wuss!!!!!! xxxx.
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Just thought I would share a trick cabot tried with me.
              They called me and I told them to put anything in writing.

The next day I received a text asking me to contact them to give 'feedback' on their service - yeah right

Not heard anything since

Comment

Hi guys,

I have received another letter from Cabot saying that the account is about to move from the sensitive care team to the regular debt collection team if I don't contact them.

I'm worried that this will trigger threats.

I still don't have any response about my CCA request but I was wondering if I should send Cabot a SAR request to ascertain what data they actually have me from the original creditor?

Comment

Ah! the next drawer of the threatograms, see what they send next from the churning machine??

Comment

Ah! the next drawer of the threatograms

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthestarfish View Post
                      I still don't have any response about my CCA request but I was wondering if I should send Cabot a SAR request to ascertain what data they actually have me from the original creditor?

I completely understand your worry that Cabot will send you letters which may make you feel threatened, but these will only be letters.

If Cabot intend to start legal proceedings then under Pre Action Protocol they must send you a formal 'Letter of Claim' giving you 30 days to respond before they should issue any claim. The LofC would come from solicitors typically Mortimer Clarke which they own.

At the moment they have not complied with your s77/78 CCA Request so the debt is unenforceable. You posted that you sent a £1 cheque with your CCA Request. Have you checked with your bank to see if it's been cashed?

I wouldn't send Cabot a SAR either. Don't do anything that draws attention to yourself. Post on the forum if/when you get another letter.

Di

Comment

Hi guys,

I have received another letter from Cabot saying that the account is about to move from the sensitive care team to the regular debt collection team if I don't contact them.

I'm worried that this will trigger threats.

I still don't have any response about my CCA request

Hello

Have you had any further contact from Cabot Financial in relation to this old car loan?

Most importantly, have they now managed to comply with your CCA Request?

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

Thanks for asking.
                          I have received a letter from my debtor confirming that they are unable to privde the requested documentation (CCA)
                          They stated at any stage the docs become available they will forward these on and the account will become enforceable once more, if received within the relevant limitation period.

In addition, they have said although the account is currently unenforceable, the balance remains payable and due. So I must contact their team to discuss payments.
                          This happened in June 2019 and every month I get a letter and few phone calls asking for the money... No threats or anything forceful.

What to you suggest I do moving forward? I'm moving house the end of the month. Should I even tell them I'm moving?

Comment

Better. They could go for a Ccj in your absence

Comment

I have received a letter from my debtor confirming that they are unable to privde the requested documentation (CCA)
                              They stated at any stage the docs become available they will forward these on and the account will become enforceable once more, if received within the relevant limitation period.

In addition, they have said although the account is currently unenforceable, the balance remains payable and due. So I must contact their team to discuss payments.
                              This happened in June 2019 and every month I get a letter and few phone calls asking for the money... No threats or anything forceful.

What to you suggest I do moving forward? I'm moving house the end of the month. Should I even tell them I'm moving?

If Cabot have admitted that they haven't got the necessary documentation (credit agreement) and have stated in writing that the debt is unenforceable then they would have some difficulty being successful in court if they issued a claim.

Keep that letter very safe.

However,looking back through your thread I can see you sent a SAR to Capital (the original creditor) and the response included a credit agreement, or have I misunderstood (it happens )?

This could mean that Cabot have not been able to obtain the credit agreement from Capital otherwise they would have sent it to you.

Who is the exact name of the owner of this debt - is it Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd?

I can't really comment on whether you should give them your change of address without knowing a bit more information. I do know that you can have Royal Mail Redirection for up to four years.

Di

Comment

Correct, my SAR did reveal some details of a original credit agreement with the original lender so you're right Cabot could not find this, hopefully.

Yes they are Cabot financial UK Ltd. I will look into redirection to save a potential ccj.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X