GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA success! Arrow Global (former MBNA) accept 12% F&F settlement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA success! Arrow Global (former MBNA) accept 12% F&F settlement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA success! Arrow Global (former MBNA) accept 12% F&F settlement

Hi everyone,

Delighted to confirm that Arrow Global have accepted my 12% (£1.8k) settlement for two former MBNA account worth £15k! Actually it was two former MBNA accounts both of which were bought by Arrow Global and enforced by Capquest since 2015. Both of the MBNA accounts were from 2006 and 2007.

After submitting CCA requests, Arrow confirmed, after 6 months that they could only locate one of the CCAs for the two accounts. A little to my surprise I was advised initially that the 2006 account was probably (I had assumed as it was pre-2007 account it wasn't ok to reconstitute CCAs) - however this changed when I received a letter saying they could not locate the 'default notice' - was then advised this means the debt was UE.

Anyway after a few weeks of negotiations with Capquest by phone we agreed a settlement figure of 12% for both accounts which I had to accept in my circumstances. Going down the full UE route really didn't seem a practical solution in my circumstances.

Big massive thanks to Niddy, Di, and all other AAD forum members. Couldn't have done this without help of the forum, seeing other CCA cases and asking experts who reviewed my CCA responses of which this one was this biggest creditor.

Honestly, had I not come across this forum and found out about CCAs I would have been stuck on debt management programme til year 2029 paying a fortune on unenforceable debts. Still some other creditors to deal with and negotiate, but having this big one out the way and reduced by £13k is a staggering result beyond what I was realistically expecting at the beginning of the process. Huge massive weight of my shoulders, now in a strong position to settle other accounts and maybe clear all remaining debts this summer - not 2029 summer!

Great result

Comment

glad this worked out for you x
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That is a great result and it is lovely to see that you were able to negotiate a settlement that is right for you and will allow you to move forward without the worry - I am really pleased for you
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It is good to see you have a result that suits you. It is also good to see you have a low settlement figure - I know some people (not on here) suggest starting at 30% and going up to 50%, well that would have cost you an awful lot of money.

Well done all round

Comment

Originally posted by IndyScot2020 View Post
            Arrow Global have accepted my 12% (£1.8k) settlement for two former MBNA account worth £15k! Actually it was two former MBNA accounts both of which were bought by Arrow Global . . .

After submitting CCA requests, Arrow confirmed, after 6 months that they could only locate one of the CCAs for the two accounts . . . . however this changed when I received a letter saying they could not locate the 'default notice' - was then advised this means the debt was UE.

. . . . agreed a settlement figure of 12% for both accounts which I had to accept in my circumstances. Going down the full UE route really didn't seem a practical solution in my circumstances.

Big massive thanks to Niddy, Di, and all other AAD forum members. Couldn't have done this without help of the forum, seeing other CCA cases and asking experts who reviewed my CCA responses of which this one was this biggest creditor.

Honestly, had I not come across this forum and found out about CCAs I would have been stuck on debt management programme til year 2029 paying a fortune on unenforceable debts.

This is indeed good news

Unenforceability is not a "legal loophole" as some people suggest.

There's an Act of Parliament called the Consumer Credit Act which sets out the statutory duties of creditors when they lend money to consumers. If the lenders don't abide by the rules then they shouldn't expect to recover any money lent. It's as simple as that.

When debt purchasers buy these delinquent debts they too are bound by the same legislation.

As you say you went with a practical solution - you used s77-79 CCA (and the absence of a Default Notice) to negotiate your exit strategy from two big debts in your DMP which would have continued until 2029.

You're free of those debts at last!

Would you like any help with the remaining ones?

Di

Comment

Working...
            X