No announcement yet.

Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before you do anything......Lets get you in a position where you know the full facts......so you can make an informed decision on this

Send a copy of the cover letter and the agreement and any accompanying terms and conditions to Niddy ( Never in Doubt ) who is the forum owner using the following email address webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Leave all the details as they are now - Don't cross anything out as he needs to see the full documents to make a full assessment for you

When you get the reply - You will be in a better place to make a decision

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I just want to echo the advice to not do anything in haste. Get the agreement checked and then check all your options before doing anything. You do not have to reply promptly; there will be a lot more letters from Lowell. Their aim is to scare you into paying money.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for your advice. I will contact Niddy asap and update

S

Comment

Just wanted to give an update after 6 months.

All but one account accepted a settlement offer. Huge step forward for me. Wrote off £8k of debt.

With the Lowell account, I got a CCJ but complained against it as I had receipts for letters I posted that they ignored. It took a while but I've had the CCJ set aside and removed off my record plus I got the charges and interest dropped plus a £50 apology cheque.

Glad I sent my letters by recorded delivery.

Just wanted to say thank you guys for you advice

Steve

Comment

This good news seems to have been missed. An excellent result, well done.

Comment

Good news indeed,,

Comment

Originally posted by aspect1968 View Post
                All but one account accepted a settlement offer. Huge step forward for me. Wrote off £8k of debt.

With the Lowell account, I got a CCJ but complained against it as I had receipts for letters I posted that they ignored. It took a while but I've had the CCJ set aside and removed off my record plus I got the charges and interest dropped
                Have Lowell Discontinued their claim, or have they consented to a set-aside meaning the CCJ no longer exists but you now have to defend the claim?

(Good news about the other debts )

Di

Comment

Working...
                X