GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Response to CCA request from PRA Group. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Response to CCA request from PRA Group.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response to CCA request from PRA Group.

Hi I am new to the group.

I sent CCA's requests to PRA group before Christmas and have received the following responses:-

The loans are old Barclay loans from 2004 and 2007. They are off my credit file but are not statute barred as I have been making payments on them.

Shall I just not contact PRA Group again or offer them a small settlement. How likely are they now to find the original CCA's?

Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pra1.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1522096Click image for larger version

Name:	pra2.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	1522098

If they are in default of your CCA request they cannot legally enforce the debts. If they have not found them it is highly unlikely that they will - Barclays unfortunately lost a lot of their paperwork
    As for whether you should pay, it is your decision, but why pay when you are unsure as to the details of the original contract? I had this occur with some of my accounts, stopped paying and 6 years on they have dropped off my credit file. I would not contact them to prompt them to search any harder. Make sure you keep these letters very securely.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for replying, that sounds positive. Shame Barclays lost loads of paperwork.

I may just file them away for now and see what happens.

Comment

I would.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi,
          Like Cym I also had accounts with barclays that they were unable to find the paperwork for, some were passed to collection companys that like to keep asking for a payment, one even said they were thinking of taking me to court, I sent one of our template letters and included a copy of the Barclays letter and never heard from them again,
          The other one is SB as well as UE, but they still like to send me the odd begging letter, one day I may let them know, but not yet.

As they have said it is UE, I would do nothing for now, yes they can ask for payment, but, you don't have to pay,
          yes they can sell it to a DCA, they can ask for payment, but you don't have to pay.
          yes they can continue to report to the Credit agencys, the default stays on file for 6 years from the date of default (5 in Scotland) the default then dropps of your file, even if the amount owing has not been cleared, If you pay off at a reduced full & Final, they MAY only report as Part Settled, the default will remain till the 6 years is up.

so to pay or not to pay, the choice is yours, but you could put the money you would be paying to one side to help clear any that are enforceable.

Best wishes NW x

Comment

Thank you for replying I have kept the money to one side that I had earmarked for PRA Group. These are my last creditors now. I sent them a 50% settlement before I was aware I could request the CCA and they declined the offer and would settle at 70% instead. Glad I never paid it now.

Comment

Bet they are regretting turning your offer down,
              I also put money aside when I stopped paying all of mine, Some was used for emergencys, car breakdown, leaking roof, new boiler,

best was my 60th birthday, spent in Aruba, thanks to the miss filing of the banks,
              If I hadn't of found this site when I did , it could of been a weekend in Wigan instead, Not that I am calling Wigan, just a name from a hat,

Comment

Working...
              X