GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vague letter from Moorcroft - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vague letter from Moorcroft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vague letter from Moorcroft

Hi all, I recently received a letter from Moorcroft. They briefly managed a debt and threatend Recovery Agent visits which never materialised. This letter doesn't have any details of the debt its regarding, just asks me to contact them. Planning to ignore it until they give me more info at least. Just wonderd if anyone else has had letters like this and what the next stage is likely to be?
    Thanks

Hi , if it's not threatened anything I would ignore but hang on to it. Let us know if anything more arrives.Seems like they need someone to talk to ,bless.
    Best not to contact them.xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by fwil View Post
      I recently received a letter from Moorcroft. They briefly managed a debt and threatend Recovery Agent visits which never materialised. This letter doesn't have any details of the debt its regarding, just asks me to contact them.

That sounds like a fishing letter to me so have you moved house recently?

Since there are no details of the debt owner it's hard for you to identify it because they (Moorcroft) may be trying to trace you for all sorts of reasons. If you have an idea which debt it might be can you post a link to the history on your Diary thread.

Di

Comment

Working...
      X