GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Court letter.. but is over 6year debt is it barred - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court letter.. but is over 6year debt is it barred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court letter.. but is over 6year debt is it barred

hi niddy

many years ago yo yo helped me with my debts.

i need your help again please.

i have received a letter from Northampton court about a debt over 6years old and does not appear on my credit file. Cabot is the claimant.

can they do this and what should I reply to court?

many thanks for any help yo can give me.

Lee
    ​​

Now saying I made a payment in 2014 which I have not. The credit card is also unenforceable

Comment

This is The Tech Clerk advice elsewhere. That will apply to you.

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      acknowledge on line @ MCOL defend all tick the form ,
      Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
        This is The Tech Clerk advice elsewhere. That will apply to
        A bit confused now can you put me in right direction

Comment

Originally posted by leena View Post
          Your Claim Form
          "..acknowledge on line @ MCOL defend all tick the form , .."
          DO NOT ENTER DEFENCE!

Diana Mayhew

Comment

Ok thanks. What do I do now ? Lol

Comment

Hello

Is the history of this debt somewhere on the forum?

Don't go online at MCOL until we've had a chance to speak. The deadline for filing the Acknowledgement of Service is 19 days after the claim issue date so there's time to get this up and running.

In the meantime email me a copy of the claim form front page (N1) using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Di

Comment

i have received a letter from Northampton court about a debt over 6years old and does not appear on my credit file. Cabot is the claimant.

can they do this and what should I reply to court?

I've had a quick look at your other threads/posts and can't see anything that may relate to this debt, so we'll start from scratch.

Who was the original creditor?

And who are the solicitors which Cabot have instructed to issue the claim? They typically use Mortimer Clarke, Restons or Shoosmiths.

The account may have fallen off your credit file because it was defaulted six years ago or more, the whole entry vanishes six years to the day the default was registered with the Credit Reference Agencies regardless of any subsequent payments.

Is the Claimant named as Cabot Financial Ltd or Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. It matters.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

I've had a quick look at your other threads/posts and can't see anything that may relate to this debt, so we'll start from scratch.

Who was the original creditor?

And who are the solicitors which Cabot have instructed to issue the claim? They typically use Mortimer Clarke, Restons or Shoosmiths.

The account may have fallen off your credit file because it was defaulted six years ago or more, the whole entry vanishes six years to the day the default was registered with the Credit Reference Agencies regardless of any subsequent payments.

Is the Claimant named as Cabot Financial Ltd or Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. It matters.

Di

Hi it’s cabot financial (uk)ltd

its mortimer Clark solicitors

it was a Lloyd’s credit card

Comment

I have done the online acknowledgment though

Comment

Hello

Is the history of this debt somewhere on the forum?

Don't go online at MCOL until we've had a chance to speak. The deadline for filing the Acknowledgement of Service is 19 days after the claim issue date so there's time to get this up and running.

In the meantime email me a copy of the claim form front page (N1) using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Di
                      Thanks I have sent you an email.

Comment

Thanks I have sent you an email.

And I have replied

I note the Claimant is Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd as you say.

You'll need to send a SAR/GDPR Request to Lloyds to get the history of this debt, mainly to see what information they have on file nowadays. Because if they don't have it then Cabot can't get it either.

Try not to let this spoil your weekend.

Di

Comment

And I have replied

I note the Claimant is Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd as you say.

You'll need to send a SAR/GDPR Request to Lloyds to get the history of this debt, mainly to see what information they have on file nowadays. Because if they don't have it then Cabot can't get it either.

Try not to let this spoil your weekend.

Di
                          Thanks di,

i have replied to your email. I will try and Work out what is a sar/GDPR request is. Lol

not good at this

Comment

The SAR/GDPR template 1# > https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...-sar-gdpr-2018

Comment

I have done the sar/gdpr template and was posted today recorded.

hopefully I have enough time before they proceed with court.

im on holiday as from Monday afternoon for a week.

Thanks di for your help. Was expecting a call from you today as could do with asking some questions if that’s ok. Email me if you wish.

thanks again all. This helps stop the worry believe it or not

Comment

Working...
                              X